Monday, December 13, 2010

"A King Would Trade His Finest Crown......

......For a Love, Love Like This."
- Blackhawk

Before the ring was even on my finger, Trav would sing that song to me in his little red Ford Ranger pickup truck with his hat on backwards and his thumb tapping the steering wheel!
One day, during one of our first few dates, we were standing on his driveway under
his basketball hoop.
Trav picked up a ball, walked towards the back of the yard by the tramp,
smiled at me and said,
"If I make this shot, you have to marry me!"
Next thing I knew the ball went up into the air,
soared across the yard towards the driveway,
and made it's way into the hole of the hoop -
NOTHING BUT NET.....
and the two of us in total silence with smiles on our faces!
The rest is history!December 13, 1997

Thirteen Years Later......

I'm still in awe you made that shot.....and Extremely glad you did!
Love you. Happy 13th Anniversary!

5 comments:

Anna said...

Happy Anniversary!

Franklin Times said...

Happy Anniversary to the cutest couple I know!

Merinda said...

Happy Anniversary and I must say, what a beautiful family you have. Glad to know I am a small part of that beautiful family.

Heather said...

I'm glad Travis made that shot too! Happy Anniversary!

Mom said...

Always such great entries! I love reading them--don't get to check in too often! I always know your December is full of celebration another Happy Anniversary to you guys too! Garrett has really been busy, Congratulations Garrett--Good job! Good job Mom and Dad--I know it takes a lot of support to achieve that Arrow of Light.
Such a great, handsome family!
You should be so proud of yourselves.
Love to you all! Lavonne