Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Spoonful of Sugar......

  

 A couple of years ago, we all bought Grandma Davies tickets to 
Hale Center Theater to see "My Fair Lady."
She loved it and so did Sis.
It was fun to have all the girls in the family together.
When it came to giving Grandma something for Mother's Day this year,
I checked the theaters website and saw they had Mary Poppins starting the end of June.
Perfect!
With Ally and Ella living here now, we really did have all the girls in the family 
that were old enough to go to the play, there with us!
Aunt Phyll had a flood in her basement, so she wasn't able to be there.
It was Heather's Birthday the next day so I also invited her to come be with us.
It was so fun, and the play was awesome!
I have always loved the story of Mary Poppins.
I will never forget watching it in the basement of our house in 
Bountiful during the Christmas season with my Mom.
She had just decorated the tree with her homemade gingerbread men and popcorn garland.
She would leave the room during some of the commercials and 
I would sneak behind the back of the tree and eat the legs off the gingerbread men and some of the popcorn off the garland, thinking she'd never know since it was in the back.
During one of the last commercials she caught me behind there!!
She didn't get mad, she just giggled a little.
I have never forgotten that night with her, and ever since then, Mary Poppins has brought those special memories back to me every time I hear the songs and watch the show.
I love it!
This was such a fun night with everyone.
Heather, Steph and Julia and I all went out to dinner afterwards.
Grandma wasn't feeling well after, because of some cancer
she had just had removed off her ear lobe, 
so Barb took her home, and Ally and Ella had to go pick up the rest of their family.
So fun when we're all together.  We need to do these things more often.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: