Monday, February 22, 2016

Bubba's First Date!

Friday, February 19, 2016

Garrett text me from school the other day and asked me
if I thought it would be nervy to ask Uncle Nate for tickets to the Jazz game.
I felt like Uncle Nate would be ok if Garrett asked him (at least I hope it was!) :)
The Jazz were going to be playing Garrett's favorite team.....
the Boston Celtics.
Ever since he was little he has loved them.
Nate was so generous in giving Garrett 2 tickets to the game.
So.....Garrett asked a girl he knows from Layton High School.
She is a Jr. on the Drill Team.
When Garrett told me he had asked her, I reminded him he couldn't drive her yet.
He wasn't 16 yrs and 6 months on his license!
Ha ha!
He had to get creative, because he also had a Basketball Game that night at Hunter High.
So....He got permission from his coach to leave after the JV game,
and also arranged for Camille to pick him up from the game!
Nothing like asking a girl out and then asking her for a ride!
Ha ha!
Camille picked him up and they drove to the Jazz game together.
They sat right by Nate, so luckily.....he got me a picture of Bubba on his first date.....
and helped chaperone a little! Ha!
He also took them down for dinner where the "High Roller's" eat at half time!
They had such a great date and afterwards, Garrett filled up her car with gas
with one of his gas cards he got for Christmas!
He came home and sat in our room and told us all about his date!
I loved that! 
He had a great time and I could tell, just by the expression on his face!
Thanks Uncle Nate for providing Garrett's very first date!
And thanks Camille for giving him a ride!
Garrett and Camille Potacker

No comments: