Tuesday, March 1, 2016

8th Grade Reality Town and Tournament Honors for Ty

At our Jr. High they have a day dedicated to learning about
"Real Life" and they call it Reality Town.
I helped with this with Garrett and loved it so much,
I volunteered to help this year again for Ty.
I love that our school does this.
The kids start off by imputing their grades and Career Interests in to the computer.
The computer matches their grades with a career that would suit them,
and sometimes may add up to be what they had originally put.
The computer chose Physical Therapist for Ty, because of his awesome grades.
He was also given a great income, a wife and some children.
From there, the kids come to the gym where there are all kinds of stations set up.
They have to buy a home, car, insurance, cell phone, utilities, etc.
They can also purchase clothing, food, pets, and other optional items.
They are given a check book and a budget to follow.
I have run the Pet Shop both times and it has been so fun!
This year I roped Lisa Hamblin in to doing it with me and we had a great time!
Ty and Bridge even ate lunch with us and their friends!
Bridger Hamblin, Lisa Hamblin, Me, Ty
 These boys were surrounded by ladies the whole day! I don't blame those girls!
Ty's Hard Knox team has been playing since November in the 
Kendall Youngblood Elite Basketball League.
They went completely undefeated and lost by 1 in the 
Championship game vs. the Jets.
That was a really hard pill to swallow......
but also hard to feel too bad about beating every team in the league 2 times,
and finishing off 2nd place after being undefeated and then only losing by 1
Not too shabby boys!
Ty received all Tournament Honors!!!
 He was listed as one of the top 15 Leading Scorers in the League and one of the 
Top 12 Best Players in the League.
So proud of you Ty!
3 of his really good friends from the League were also honored,
so I grabbed them all real quick for a picture with Kendall Youngblood!

Dallin Hall, Cole DeBoard, Mason Falslev, Ty, Kendall Youngblood
 
Awesome Job to our Hard Knox team and Coaches for an amazing League!
Our team is truly loaded with talented boys!
Not only are they talented.....they are good kids, every single one of them!

No comments: