Sunday, February 26, 2017

Cruising and Some other Tales

February 18-25
For the last few years,
Morgan Pavement has scheduled a Company vacation for February.
It gives us something to look forward to after the Holidays,
and gives us a chance to get away together for some much needed alone time!
This year we went on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera.
I wasn't super thrilled to be going there, since we had done this cruise years ago.
However, we saw and did all new things this round, which made it fun!
Our first night at sea was rocky.......the next day I was so sick it was miserable.
Good thing it was a day at sea so we could just chill, because I pretty much slept the whole day.
Poor Trav.  I wasn't a very fun travel partner that day!
We were grateful we upgraded this time to a balcony room!
It was so nice to get the fresh air and see all of the sites!
 
It was also hard for me that first night, because it was Garrett's Preference dance
and I was dying that I wasn't there to take pictures and see him leave.
He was able to text me that night though, and fill me in on the dance!
Thank Heavens for good friends.....Sherry went to my house and took pics of them for me!
 
 
 
Our first stop was Cabo San Lucas.
That was a fun day.
We drove around in a taxi for a bit to see some of the resorts along the coast.
We stopped at a fun little place for chips and salsa, then did some shopping.
 
 
 
 
 
 
That night we ate with this group and went to one of the cruise music shows.

The next morning was Cabo again.  The took us out to sea, and brought us back.
The last time we went to the Mexican Riviera, we went to Mazatlan.
It's too dangerous there now, so the cruise does two days at Cabo.
This day, we just got off the ship, found a spot on the beach,
and hung out there all day with almost the whole Morgan group!
It was nice just to chill.
I had bracelets made for each of the kids by a man walking the beach.
It was pretty cool to watch him......he made them really fast!
 
 
 
 Again, that night was dinner and a show!
The next day, we made it to Puerto Vallarta.
The rest of the group went to an extreme Zip Lining place.
Because of my back issues, Trav and I booked a trip to Las Caletas instead.
It was really nice to be just the two of us there.
On the ride out we saw some whales.
They entertain you on the boat and that was fun to see!
 
 
 
 
It was so beautiful here! I loved every second of it!
When we first got there, they fed us....in a thatched roof spot right on the beach!
Trav and I went out to the beach and got a canoe to ride in for a bit.
After that, we did a zip line and then sat in some hammocks until it was time to go back.
This was such a fun, fun day!
I love being with Trav, we have such a great time together!
 
 
 
 The rest of the cruise was days at sea.
We were a little anxious to get off by that last day! Ha ha!
It was such a fun trip and we are so glad we were able to go!

No comments: