Thursday, September 8, 2011

Patience is a virtue......

.....That I apparently need to develop and incorporate in my life.

I have never been a super patient person.  When I want something, I usually want it now.  When people are stupid, I wish they weren't stupid.....NOW! 


This week I have really realized just how impatient I am!  And..... the above areas have been magnified.

Raise your hand if you're sick of hearing about our pregnancy?  Well, sit down.....there's more!  I'm now 39 weeks and our baby boy is still breech.  We were supposed to go in this coming Saturday to be started, and as of our appointment last Thurs. my Doc. decided we should wait just a little longer to see if he turns, to avoid a c-section.  Are there worse things than a c-section?  Of course.  I don't fear one, infact.....if they use their little suction thingy and take a little extra "whatever's" out while they're at it, I would actually welcome one.  However, a normal delivery is one of those "want and want it now" situations.  I absolutely LOVE the end of delivery when our baby is handed to us and we are in the room alone, just Trav, our new baby and myself and we love on him for a minute before inviting anyone else in.  That doesn't exist with a c-section and that is the thing I am feeling most impatient about. We have prayed and fasted and still hope that there is a chance he will turn, but with each passing day, that is less likely.  We want to do whatever is the best and safest thing for our baby, and with the cord around his neck, he may just not be able to turn himself no matter what.  I have tried all the tricks that are offered by googling breech babies to try and get him to turn. (With my doc's approval!)  I have played music on my stomach through head phones in hopes the baby would follow the sound.  He just danced a little, hung out.... and finished with a game of Heads up 7 up.  I have hung upside down in our bedroom recliner, only to have the footrest collapse - sending me packing to the floor and my husband running from the bed to try and save his wife and unborn child!  I have held a flash light to the bottom of my stomach so he'll follow the light....but apparently he is a night person and prefers the shutters stay closed when the sun comes up.

Now, for my impatience with "Stupid" people! Whenever my Dad heard of people saying things that are just "uncalled for" in his words, he would say, "Stupid, stupid man."  My dear friend Wendy has also had several experiences with "Stupid" people.  Together we hope to one day write a book about "What Not to Say."  At the risk of making myself look extremely fat right now.....I will share with you some of the things that have been said to me at church the last 4 weeks......which is leaving me thinking I just may come down with a cold this Sunday if our baby isn't here yet.  1. "When is that baby due?  What?  One more week?  By the looks of you, I would have expected you to say "Yesterday!" 2.  "I know I'm not telling you something you don't already know, but.....you're HUGE!"  3.  "Whoa, usually there are beepers on things that big when they back up!"  4.  "I'm sorry, but you are SO HUGE!"  and.....here's the straw that broke the camels back last Sunday.....5. "Hey Tubba!"  After the last one, I wanted to stand in the hall and yell, "I'm Pregnant, people!!!  Pregnant!"  My baby is breech and measuring almost 9 lbs.  I'm days away from delivering and I'm 5 ft. 5. I am usually the first person to joke and usually don't offend easy.  If it happened only once, I'd probably laugh right along with them. I absolutely LOVE our ward, don't get me wrong, we are surrounded by the greatest of people, and I also realize this is only a handful of people, but I have been blown away at the remarks I have gotten with the end of this pregnancy.  Just venting.  A lot.  Sorry!
So, needless to say, I am super impatient right now.  I cannot wait until this little one is here. I canned 25 pints and 9 Quarts of tomatoes,  made 2 batches of Strawberry jam, 2 batches of raspberry jam, and I decorated the house for fall last night so that I can sit on the couch and snuggle a baby bum and kiss a baby face instead of worrying about that in a couple of weeks. I'm ready.  Impatient, but ready.  Now, if I could just get this cold sore to go away.  Dang.

7 comments:

Ronda said...

Good grief! I don't blame ya for venting! The comments alone would send me into a tailspin. I totally understand about impatience. I am definitely a "I want what I want when I want it" kind of gal and sometimes bein that way is just askin for trouble. Hang in there, prayin for you guys!

Franklin Times said...

OH MY WORD!!! Each of those stupid comments can be a chapter in our book. I'm sorry, what they really meant to say is that you are beautiful, and glowing and they are jealous!
Good luck this week. I will keep my fingers crossed and arms folded that he does a flip soon. Can't wait to see that bundle of joy :)

Rachelle said...

I've been watching for an update!!! I hope the little man turns for you.

Ed said...

Best of luck sweet friend! People are ridiculous sometimes. I would love to be in on that "stupid people" book, I have heard some doozies!
Love you!
Can't wait to see pictures of the little Mr. and I am praying he will flip for you!!

Ally said...

L.A.M.E!!!Honestly the lamest stuff I've ever heard. It scares me to think what they would have said to me when I was prego.
Enjoy this last few days of being pregant..as miserable and sick as i was I really treasured those last days, of my last pregnancy. What a great blessing for us!! I even enjoyed being Tubbers. Just remember the fatter you are the cuter the baby. That is what I told everyone..especially all the people that liked to tell me they only gained 18 lbs. ;)

Grandma's Corner said...

The twins were seven weeks early and I was so glad because it was winter and I had to wear mens tennis shoes with out shoe laces,
to Christmas shop.

Angela said...

I hope it happens soon for you Sarah (if it hasn't already.) It amazes me what comes out of people's mouths sometimes! ;)