My Family is growing up and the more I witness it, the more I want to freeze it.
If only that were possible.
If only that were possible.
I remember hearing old people say stuff like that all the time growing up,
and I thought they were weird.
and I thought they were weird.
Old and weird. Shoot! Now I am just that - Old and weird!
I have been having these feelings more and more lately.
I think it's the fact that we almost have a 7th grader.
I got choked up last week in Jr. High Orientation.
Choked up!
I kind of giggled to myself over that. But it happened.
I watched my son, as he stood up to get his registration papers.
He turned, looked back at Trav and I, and with a smile on his face, nodded his head at us.
I've served with the youth.
I know how fast they grow up the second they hit Jr. High.
Driving home from that, I said to Garrett...."I don't want you to grow up.
You're going to go to Jr. High, and next thing you know....you'll be in High School.
And, no sooner than High School, you'll be on a mission.
Then when you get back from your mission.....it won't be Mom you want!
It will be some other cute brunette!"
He just shook his head, and uttered the teenage sounding...."Mom!"
None of Tyler's pants fit right anymore.
They are all kinds of embarrassing lengths of capris it seems.
He's losing that "I'm in Elementary" look and getting more mature every day.
(Well, except for this a.m. when he cried because "Someone" lost his shoes!
Why is it NEVER their own fault?)
Julia has Kindergarten Registration this week.
How?
Wasn't she just 2 1/2 dancing in front of the t.v. with little pigtails in her hair last week?
Our Little Austy turns 6 months old this week.
He will lie on a table today next to his 12 yr. old brother and 5 yr. old sister
as they all get their immunizations that signify yet another instance of growing up.
And then there is my husband,
who still gives me butterflies as I watch him getting ready for work
every morning.
He's growing up too.
As of late, I have witnessed some gray hair making it's way to the surface of his head.
I have to say.....I kinda like it.
Is that weird?
As I have been dealing with of all this change creeping it's way into my life,
I find myself wanting to find some way to freeze it.
I have their hand prints in clay and their foot prints traced on paper
but somehow that just doesn't seem to cut it.
I have lived my whole life to get to this point and now it's flying by faster than I like.
Last week Julia had to take something for Show and Tell that started with the letter B.
As she thought of what she wanted to take.....
she got a big smile on her face and said,
"Mom!! I want to take Austy! Baby starts with a B and so does Brother."
Couldn't really deny that.....so I loaded him up in the car
and within a few minutes that little Show and Tell was working his
magic on a bunch of preschoolers.
magic on a bunch of preschoolers.
Baby Boy Brother Burke
Perfect Show and Tell Sis!
Now .....about that freezing machine!
7 comments:
I know exactly what you mean. I keep asking myself, How did I get a teenager. Let me know if you figure out that freezing machine thing. I would be very interested.
So so true. I feel that way alot myself. I don't have a teenager yet but my kids are growing so quickly and I don't want Brielle to ever grow up! I want her to stay my baby forever and have my kids stay this age forever. That is so sweet that Julia wanted to take her baby brother in for show and tell! She looks so proud holding him on her lap! :)
Totally!!!!! I had to laugh at Ty being upset about his missing shoes. Hilarious! Sasha is nearly as tall as I am and Seth's feet are about the same size as mine. YIKES!! But, at least Noah is staying little for me: not sitting up, not crawling, barely rolled over last week.......thanks, Buddy!!
Oh.My.Gosh. Your post totally made me get all teary eyed! It is true...they grow way too fast! I can't believe my daughter will be a teenager in a couple of months. Crazy!
Love!!!!! & I couldn't agree more!!!!:))
Sarah,I know just how you feel about your children growing up. I had the same feelings, But your children are so blessed to have you and Travis as parents. They are truly on the right path. If you could have seen Garret at the temple last friday baptising 64 people along with some cousins, how
reverent they all were. I stood tall as a grandmother. They are very special to me and the Lord. They are as the Army of Helaman.
Post a Comment