Friday, September 14, 2012

"He Will Heal Your Family...."

How is it possible that this little soul has been with our family now for 1 whole year?

I remember like it was yesterday, the blessing given, 
while my husband and his Elder's Quorum Presidency along with our Bishopric,
laid their hands on my head to offer peace and comfort for an MRI,
as well as the hope to keep trying for another child.
Very sacred, specific things were uttered about just who this little one would be,
the life he would live, and the purpose he would serve.
Of those words spoken, it was mentioned that "he would heal our family."
When the blessing was finished, and everyone went home,
I remember wondering what was meant by that.
It only took the first few ultrasounds, the feeling of movement, 
and his birth to realize he truly had healed us.
We had gone through quite a bit of heart ache for 2 years before he came into our lives.
The hope of another baby was diminishing with each loss and
when the MS diagnosis was dropped in our laps,
the physician shot those hopes down even further.
Travis and I could not deny the hope after the blessing was given,
and thankfully the Lord helped us muster up enough Faith to continue forward.

I cannot believe he has lit up our home for a year now.
I hate that the time has gone so fast.
He is so much fun and SO mobile.
Not walking yet, but might as well be!!
The gates have been dusted off and put back up,
the dishwasher cannot be loaded or emptied if he is within range,
if it's on the floor its fair game and quickly tasted,
scrapes are surfacing on his face and legs from trying to be a big boy
and quickly learning he's not quite there yet!!
We all hang on his every move.
Sometimes we fight over him.  It's true.
I could eat his face off and have to remind myself to be soft when hugging and mugging!

He has meant the world to us.
I cannot imagine life without him in it.
Happy Birthday little Heart Healer.
Love you to the Moon and back.....
and back, and back, and back and back and back!

4 comments:

Ronda said...

HAppy Birthday Austin! Such a cute boy!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Austin! So very grateful that he is here and that your hearts are healed and so full of joy.

Kristi said...

Wow, time flies. He is growing up so fast! Happy birthday little dude.

Franklin Times said...

Happiest Birthday to a blessed baby boy! What a doll, and I know what a blessing he is to you.. makes me so happy :)
And now he is a star too!
Tender mercies, gotta luv em.