Just dropped our oldest off to his first day of Jr. High.
I told him good luck, I love you, and I'll be parked
right out off the road when the day is over.
"I love you too Mom."
I watched him walk through the doors and could swear he grew a foot when he did so.
Then, I put the car in drive and cried the whole way home.
Bubba is in Jr. High.
He was in the bathroom the entire morning.
Not sure what all transpired there, seeing as he showered last night!
But darn it, he looked good heading out, and that's all that matters!
I keep watching the clock.....he's still in first period.
Wonder how that's going.
We struggle through sacrament mtg. and 1st period is the same length of time!
I'm sure he's scoped out all the cute girls already
and could quite possibly know all their names by heart!
I love this kid.
He and I have had a few days alone since Julia and Ty started back.
We've had some great conversations about growing up, making wise choices,
and keeping good friends.
He's ready.
He matured pretty quickly and has been anxious to
have some of the benefits of being older.
Basketball tryouts are in a few weeks and he's been preparing for that.
I cannot wait to see what comes in his path.
When I really sit and think that 3 years from now he'll be in High School
and 3 from that on a mission,
my heart aches a little to rewind 12 1/2 yrs. to have him small again.
Nothing quite like experiencing all of the firsts with your first.
Good luck Bub!
May your locker open on the first try,
all your classes be easy to find,
and your spirit stay strong as you take this next step in life and challenges come your way.
I love you with all my heart.
Never forget that.

1 comment:
What a great post. What a great young man. What a great momma. I am giggling thinking of how long I used to spend in the bathroom primping when I was his age. Then I'd come out crying if my hair didn't look "right". Good times.
Post a Comment