We did it!!!
We went from this.....
to this......
In only 2 physical therapy appointments!
WAHOO!!!
We met with Katie the first time, and initially she set us up with 4 other appointments
which would have taken us into the first of September.
Austin got a nasty ear infection the end of July and because of that,
we had to cancel 2 of the appointments.
That gave us a whole month to work on stretching his left side and strengthen his right.
When I took him in a couple of weeks ago,
she was amazed at how straight he was in such a short time.
she was amazed at how straight he was in such a short time.
She did a bunch of exercises with him and
he no longer pulled his shoulder up when she stretched his neck,
he no longer pulled his shoulder up when she stretched his neck,
and he had full rotation in both directions.
She released him as a patient and sent us on our way!
Now, if she only knew he HATED the stretches and
so I opted to hold him during naps so I could stretch him in the football hold in my arms,
maybe she could give us some therapy on
how to get him to take a nap on his own again,
how to get him to take a nap on his own again,
without be HELD!!!
Oh boy. Good thing I secretly love it!
Because he is seeing straight and moving all over - we now look like this.....
Huge helper to Dad in the garden!
Pray for us. He's trying to stand on his own and wants so bad to be big.
Pray for us. He's trying to stand on his own and wants so bad to be big.
4 comments:
That is awesome! Nice to have the physical therapy done. Nice work.
Oh, you sweet little boy! So glad your neck is ok! Nice job helping in the garden! Eating a little dirt never hurt anyone, right?? Just ask Noah! Oh, and one more thing: SLOW down and be your momma's baby just a little bit longer, k???
Yay!! What a cutie!
Woo hoo!! That is great! Could he be any cuter, I mean really? He is adorable :) Good luck... walking is right around the corner for him I bet.
Post a Comment