Monday, August 6, 2012

The Great Escape.....

Football started. I love it.  Really love it.
Love walking the sidelines taking pictures and cheering our boys on!
I don't however, love the time it takes.
Nightly practices - Saturday games.
Doesn't leave much time for anything else.

Thursday when we realized it would be our last free weekend until November,
we decided to try and get a camp trip in.
Knowing that would be tough on a whim without reservations, 
Garrett and I took off early Friday morning in hopes of snagging a spot!
That trip was completely in vain!
Drove the whole hour and a 1/2 to Timpanogos only to
 find that not ONE SINGLE SPOT was available.
We watched the fire break out, the helicopters land,
 and the emergency crews fly up the canyon,
then made our way back home to share the news that we wouldn't be camping that night.
We sat around the kitchen table and shot off other ideas of where to go.
North Fork, Malad Idaho, Smith Morehouse, even Cherry Hill.
None of those suggestions stood a chance against good 'ole Timponeeke.
So, we opted to just stay home that night- trailer loaded and ready to go -
and take off first thing in the morning to try again for a spot at Timp.
By 10:30 Saturday a.m., we had our spot and set up camp!
We went for a walk,
  played in the water, 
searched for sticks for the boys to whittle with their new pocket knives,
 
Watched and tried to get some good pictures, but to no avail - 
of a MOOSE walking right through our campsite,
 cooked our dutch oven dinner,
 had a tournament with Ty's new BB Gun, 
(Grandpa Randle called all of the boys on, Trav included - thinking he'd beat them all - 
I watched silently from the sidelines taking pics and video.
When all of the "boys" thought the game was over and they had found a winner in Ty,
I stepped up to the plate.
They told me my shot was super ugly and 
that I didn't stand a chance with the gun resting on my chin 
while looking down the barrel with my left eye (so what?!!!),
we quickly found who the REAL WINNER was!!
 That's right.......the one with the super ugly shot who didn't stand a chance!!!
(and a massive double chin apparently!! Gross!)
 I was 8 for 8!!  Take that "boys!"), 
roasted marshmallows
 and read stories around the campfire.
 
 LoVeD it!!  Gotta find a way to get one more in before the year is gone!!

4 comments:

Franklin Times said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Franklin Times said...

Looks heavenly, and way to go lil miss shooter! Impressive :) Glad you were able to have a little get away before football life takes over.

tana.hale@comcast.net said...

We need to have another camp out in our back yard, before the summer is gone. So much fun last year!! You guys are great! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!

Megan said...

That place looks divine! I need to go there! So pretty! Glad you got one more trip in. Oh, and nice shootin', Tex!!