How is Thanksgiving over already?
Christmas will be here and gone before we know it too!
The older I get, the faster time is going.
A couple of weeks ago, Trav's Sunday School lesson was about
"Turning Our Hearts To Our Father's."
When he realized it was all about journaling, documenting, and preserving....
the lesson was quickly turned over to me.
I have a huge testimony of journaling and keeping a good personal and family history.
Maybe one day I'll share how that came to be.
I guess that is a big part of the reason why I am still here blogging.
I have recently started to get this little blog loaded into Blurb so I have it saved somewhere else.
One of these days, I am going to lock myself in a room and get it all organized
so I can finally send it off to print into an awesome coffee table book for us to have preserved.
With all that has taken place in the last few weeks,
I neglected to document some very exciting things in the kids lives.
I decided these few minutes I have this morning, that I'd better hurry and get them written down,
since I begged the 12 and 13 year olds yesterday to do the same thing.
Football ended just the weekend before Grandpa left us.
Garrett's poor team lost 3 of their big time players to a broken leg,
broken thumb and broken collar bone.
broken thumb and broken collar bone.
If it wasn't my favorite sport to watch the boys play,
I'd probably lock them up from July on and not let them play the game!
Needless to say, with those injuries, their team just wasn't the same going into playoffs.
They gave it their best though, and had a great, great season.
Garrett got the chance to play Tight-end this year and
loved being able to run with the ball and have a chance at scoring for once!!
He had some extra points and long runs!
Ty's team had the best season of their lives!!!
They won the MINI-BOWL......the Championship game.
They played at Weber State again this year......announcers and all!
Ty had 2 touchdowns.....3 if you count the one called back!
Such an incredible, fun day!!!
Way to go Syracuse Black!!!
(Ty's Great-Gma Davies.....Biggest Fan!
This is AFTER the game.
She held that sign for 10 mins. after.....the next game had already started!!)
Love you Grandma!
During that time, conditioning for the Jr. High Basketball team started for Garrett.
I will never forget the call that came in a few days later.
"Mom, I made the team!!!"
Garrett was 1 of 2 7th graders that were guaranteed players.
Trav and I were so proud of him.
I hurried and made posters for Garrett and all of the 7th graders who made the team
as alternates/managers and hung them on their houses for when they came home that day.
Later that night, as I was looking over Facebook, one of the boys
was asking who had done that for him.....and the guess going around through his comments
that had the highest votes was.....
THE CHEERLEADERS!!!
Garrett knew I had made them....so I laughed and said,
"Whatever you do.... don't ever tell them it was me....they'll be devastated
thinking it was the cheerleaders only to find out its some old mom!!!"
(Sis spent her time learning the ropes in the Jr. High Student Section!)
The season is super short and is over now, which really stinks.
The season is super short and is over now, which really stinks.
Garrett got to play in quite a few of the Varsity games,
and started all the JV.
It was huge excitement as his parents,
to be sitting in the stands during Varsity games,
and see the coach point to our son,
watch Garrett take off his warmup and head out on to the court.
and started all the JV.
It was huge excitement as his parents,
to be sitting in the stands during Varsity games,
and see the coach point to our son,
watch Garrett take off his warmup and head out on to the court.
That made his year and ours!!
Garrett and Ty have worked so hard to get to where they are at.
Their talents are really starting to show and it is super fun to watch them excel.
I'm grateful to Trav for all of the time and efforts he has put forth to teach, coach and help.
He dedicates a lot of time to our kids and they have loved every minute of being with him.
Love you Garrett and Ty.
We couldn't be more proud of either of you!!


3 comments:
Very exciting for you and your boys!! I LOVED the picture of Julia at the basketball game. Her face is just priceless!!
That is awesome Sarah! Those boys are lucky to have you as a Mom. So supportive and sweet. Looks like you have some real atheletes on your hands!
Just a note: I print up my blogs by year. So each year I have a full book of that years happenings and postings on our blog. I love it! Blurb I have seen does beautiful work but i know it takes LOTS of time and effort to put the books together through Blurb. So, I use a company called Blog2Print. They aren't as fancy of books, but they are easy because it automatically slurps your blog into a book for you and in a few easy steps you are done and ready to send it off for printing! And they are reasonably priced. Check it out. See what you think. :)
Sarah you are an excellent MOM this has been so fun to read all about your family last fall and at Christmas time. Love you all!!!!!
Post a Comment