Friday, March 29, 2013

Everything's A Flutter.....

The Sun is shining,
the buds are bursting from the trees,
the tulips are starting to show their pretty faces,
 the birds are chirping,
and.....
Garrett's lil' heart is a-fluttering!
Trav finally got home last night after being in
 Montana/Idaho since Sunday morning for work.
He got all of the kids upstairs, ready for bed while I was trying to finish
putting the study back together ...
(FINALLY ALMOST FINISHED!!)
Austy was asleep, Julia was STILL in our room
 filling Trav in on her weekly happenings while he was gone,
and the boys were in their room with the door shut, talking to each other.

Or so I thought.
I approached their door, to enter for my regular
"Lay on their bed, talk to and bug them for a while"
night routine.
As soon as I walked in, I found Ty laying on his bed, Ipod in hand, 
and Garrett on the phone!
Garrett jumped off his bed and went straight for his closet!
"Who is he on the phone with?" I asked Ty.
With a smile on his face, Ty mouthed to me...."Valerie!"
"What?  It's 10:30!" I said.
I pulled back one of the doors to see this.....

 

My first reaction was to say....
"Get off.  It's 10:30.  What is a girl calling you for anyway?"
But then I was quickly brought back to the days when
I used to hide around the house when Josh Piper would call.
I'd walk around for hours with a smile on my face,
just like Garrett had last night.

And, let's not forget how my heart fluttered,
when Travis Burke's Mom called me the morning after our first date
while he was out feeding their cows,
because he was too nervous to ask me out 2 days in a row.
So.....she took matters into her own hands,
called me up and asked if I had any plans that night.
When I told her I didn't, she said, "Ok. I'm sure Trav will be calling soon!"
That smile wasn't wiped off my face
until he dropped me off that night of our second date in a row!

So, with those thoughts running through my mind, 
I took a few pictures..... (cause you just have to),
 then quietly walked out,
while he finished talking to her about his Spring Break plans,
and his little Brother listened as intently as possible to the conversation himself!

Oh to be young again!

2 comments:

Ed said...

Ha! Josh Piper. Love this post. Love you.

Franklin Times said...

That is too cute!! I love that you took pictures :) All I'm saying is you better get use to it. He is a darling, and great kid, so I am sure that there will be many more phone calls from many more girls.