I have been so busy working on these....
That I've completely neglected blogging altogether!!
These books take me days to make.
Forever.
But.....when the FedEx guy delivers them, all the hard work becomes worth it!
I have loved seeing the kids come in, pick them up,
and spend a while reading through their pages.
Some of the funny stories and such, we had forgotten.
I am so glad we have them.
There has been a lot of growth in our family -
in number, in height, spiritually, etc.
I love these books, and am almost finished making 2011.
Trav told me I have to slow down.....these books are breaking the bank.
At least each year is loaded into the software,
and if something were to happen to our site, we'd still be covered.
So, to catch up a little.....
Easter came and went!
Austin loved it this year. The candy. The eggs. The candy.
He was created from the same mold as Ty. (Ok, and myself, if I'm being honest!)
If it looks like sugar, smells like sugar......we'll take it! Ha ha!
Garrett participated in Track this year.
I really enjoyed that.
Wish the seasons were longer. Jr. High seasons for any sport feel like they are only 3 weeks long.
He ran the 100 meter, 400 meter relay, and did the high jump.
I was so proud of him.
My heart would beat faster than his, when he'd step up to that line or get handed the baton.
I loved watching him go for it!
Austy helped us work at the cabin.....
in the shirt Grandma Davies so perfectly picked out for him.
Hilarious!
(He could seriously get whatever he wants out of any of us!)
Sis had her Music recital.
She has been taking an early Piano Theory music class from an awesome
teacher in our ward.....Chrissy Heaston.
She went weekly and at every other class time,
I would attend with her and the other children and moms.
It was nice for us to have our time and our own thing we do, just the two of us!
Julia was also busy losing her very first tooth.
Oh.The.Drama!
Her tooth was so loose, the new one was completely up behind it.
She wiggled that thing all night, and cried.
Man, did she cry.
"I'll never be able to eat again! It's never going to fall out! What am I going to do?"
Finally, when my patience had just about burst....
I told her to go and grab me the dental floss.
She did, and when I described what my thoughts were.....even more drama ensued!!
But.....it worked!
Almost forgot.....
FINALLY learned how to ride a bike without training wheels! Way to go Sis!
Ty.....
he was busy snuggling his mom,
babysitting while we went to track meets, playing basketball, and taking Austin for bike rides!
We tore out part of our yard, to get ready for a patio and firepit.
We've been here 9 years, and haven't been able to completely enjoy our back yard -
no where to really sit in a nice spot! Cannot wait!
Mother's Day was nice!
Sweet Gma D. is going on a cruise in June,
so we took her shopping and got her a new pair of Nike's,
so she's comfy through the streets of Italy.
Lucky!
Isn't she so cute?!!
Most of Trav's Siblings and spouses met up and took Grandma Hale to dinner!
I love my Mother-in-law.
She is one of the greatest women you'll meet.
She lives her life in service to others - all the while worrying she's not doing enough.
If I did half of what she does, I'd be a Saint!
She is a wonderful example and I consider myself lucky to be her daughter-in-law!
The kids all went shopping with Trav to pick out some gifts for me -
which consisted of beef jerky, root beer, Les Miserable and Safe Haven,
Hot Pink Lip gloss, cinnamon bears, hot tamales and licorice!
(remember that bit about the sugar?!)
Those were all sweet gestures, until I went to retrieve a piece of licorice the very next day,
only to find the sack completely empty and the beef jerky half gone!
Love those kind of gift givers!
Heaven knows I don't need the calories, so I chose to overlook it! Ha ha ha!
Ty told me he loved me more than sports.
He really DOES love me.
And my sweet Garrett......
sat through the first part of Sacrament (which also happened to be Fast Sunday),
scraping the skin on the side of his thumb.
Just as I was about to ask him what had him so nervous, he stood without saying a word,
walked up to the pulpit, and told the entire congregation how ungrateful he'd be if he didn't stand and tell his Mom how much he loved her and how grateful he was for her that day.
I couldn't resist the tears.
Something about a teenage boy standing up to do that in front of a large crowd.....
completely melted my heart.....
along with several others who expressed the same thought to me afterwards.
I love my family.
I'm grateful to be their Mom.
They are busy. We are busy. I'm thankful for the time I have with them.
We might not always be happy with each other, and we may have our little fights,
but.....for the most part.....we are Happy Together!
We are on our last week of school.
Can't wait for summer to finally arrive!

2 comments:
Your books look awesome! Way to go!! I can't wait to see your yard and use your fire pit....we'll bring the marshmallows, OK???
Way busy family! Loved getting the updates on you and your sweet family. Happy to see that all is well with the Burke clan :) miss you!!
Post a Comment