We just finished our 2014 season for the Jr. High Basketball team. Both Garrett and Ty made the team this year.....which was fun to watch. There was one game where they were both on the court at the same time during Varsity. I loved that.
October 13, 2014
The day they found out they made the team!
As Garrett said......."The Vets and the Rooks!"
(Jake Godfrey, Garrett, Ty, Bridger Hamblin)
Garrett was one of the Team Captains and I think he really enjoyed that.
The parents made breakfast each game day morning at 7:30 a.m.
for the team at the school.
I helped with that a couple of times.
It's fun to go be with the boys.
We had a great season, but fell short in the quarter finals vs. Kaysville.
I couldn't be more proud of Garrett and Ty.
I'm sure they couldn't be more proud of me either,
as they heard me yelling my guts out at the refs from the stands!
Oh boy.....just when I think I'm growing up and getting better at that....
they go and make horrible calls and I just can't contain myself!
Ha ha!
The Coach held a team Dinner/Awards Banquet.
I took pictures the entire season, and I volunteered to make each of the 9th graders a special framed
gift with their picture, name and a piece of B Ball hoop in it.
They fed us dinner, showed a video recap of the season,
and gave each of the 9th graders their awards.
Garrett was the last to receive his.
During Garrett's award, Coach Whiting also presented him with the
"Mr. Basketball" award.
(The District Sportsman Award)
This award is given to one player on each team in the District,
for sportsmanship and leadership on the Basketball Team.
We were so proud of Garrett for being chosen for this award.
and gave each of the 9th graders their awards.
Garrett was the last to receive his.
During Garrett's award, Coach Whiting also presented him with the
"Mr. Basketball" award.
(The District Sportsman Award)
This award is given to one player on each team in the District,
for sportsmanship and leadership on the Basketball Team.
We were so proud of Garrett for being chosen for this award.
It's hard to believe that Garrett just played his very last Jr. High Basketball game ever.
The last home game of the season, each 9th grader escorted his
Mom through the tunnel of cheerleaders/Student Body Officers
with him before the game, and gave us roses.
Garrett and Ty.....
We are so proud of you and all you have and are accomplishing!
We love you!
Syracuse Seahawks Jr. High Basketball team 2014
No comments:
Post a Comment