Monday, December 8, 2014

Making Special Covenants......

 How is it possible that our little girl just got baptized?
What a sweet and special experience this was.
I had been wanting to take her out to get her pictures taken, but we were so busy with
Garrett and Ty being involved in Jr. High Basketball,
that it was always too dark when we got the chance to each day.
We had been having such nice, warm weather too!
I had seen that the weather was going to change, so I ran her out to 
Antelope Island one night in November.
By the time we got out there......we seriously had 20 minutes to capture her pictures
before the sun went down.
When we got out of the car and realized it was 20 degrees.....
I knew we had more like 5 minutes!
She was a trooper though, until just the very end.
There were a few tears from the cold.
We'd put her dress coat on and walk to a new spot,
snap some quick pictures, then put her coat back on.
Austy was our little shadow, wrapped up in his coat and hood!
As I looked through the lens, as the sun shined on my little girls face,
I quickly realized she is turning in to a beautiful, young woman.....
right before my own eyes!
I love her.

 

(Back of her invite)

 Julia shared her baptism with Zack Anderson and Jace Sorenson.
We love both of these boys and their families and were glad to share in their special day.
Each of us Mom's met to plan the program, 
so that we could have it all printed and ready before Thanksgiving, 
since the Baptism was the following Saturday.
Our responsibilities were to get the pianist, 
the Talk about the Holy Ghost, and the Closing Prayer.
When we came home, Julia and I sat down to talk about who she would like 
for each of those assignments.
Both of our boys immediately chose Trav and I, or Grandparents.
Julia?
She just wanted her brothers. No one else.  Just Garrett and Ty.
 She told Ty he was the talk and Garrett was the prayer.
Ty asked if they could switch and she said that would be ok! :)
Aunt Ally Randle was our pianist.
 Julia had been looking forward to her Baptism for a long time.
She and Trav would practice how she would hold on to him,
and we talked to her about the importance of Baptism.
When we got to the church, we took some pictures,
set up a little display and then went to sit down in the chapel.
 
Julia and Trav were on the front bench, and I sat with Ty and Austy a few rows back.
As soon as I sat down, I was overcome with emotion.
I felt the spirit so strongly.
I knew my Mom was there, and could not deny that feeling.
Julia happened to look back at me and when she realized I was crying,
she got up and walked over to give me a hug.
As I hugged her back, she whispered in my ear....
"Mom, don't worry, I'm here til College!"
I couldn't help but chuckle over that.
Little does she know.....that is just the problem.
Before I know it, College will be just around the corner
 and my little girl will be grown up and out on her own.
The program was wonderful.
Each speaker, and musical number really added to the spirit.
I was so proud of Garrett and the talk he gave.
He really did such a nice job.
I can't not share about Ty and his prayer however.
It was a classic moment!
Ty started the prayer and said some nice things.
Then.....he started to mention each of the children who were baptized.
He said Julia, Zack and.......
He COULD NOT remember Jace's name.
He kept saying, "And um.  And um."
I opened my eyes to see him up there struggling to remember Jace's name.
It was not coming and no one on the stand was offering any help.
After a couple more "And um's" 
Ty said, "Oh Crap!"
I about lost it!  That was the funniest thing ever! 
Finally a member of the Bishopric leaned forward and whispered "Jace."
Ty immediately said, "Yeah, and Jace!"
He hurried and ended the prayer! 
That was talked about for a couple of days!
Classic!
After the Baptism, we went back to Morgan Pavement for our luncheon.
We ate Sisters favorite......Cinnamon French Toast, 
with Buttermilk Syrup and strawberries.
We also had Ham and juice.
While everyone ate we watched a slideshow I had made of Julia through the years.
We were so grateful to spend the day with family and friends
and for all of the support.
Julia and Grandpa Randle
 
 Great-Grandpa Sargent and Julia


Grandma and Grandpa Hale and Julia
Sis. Parkhurst......Julia's Neighborhood Grandma!
 Great-Grandma Davies and her "Rosie!"
 Grandpa and Grandma Burke and Julia

Uncle Nate and Aunt Ronda, Aunt Steph, Millie, Teag and Julia,
Aunt Ally and Ella,
Shay, Sawyer, Julia, Charly, Austy, Ally, Cole
Uncle Nate, Charly and Julia
Julia, Ally, Evie and Ethan
We couldn't be more proud of Julia.
She is a sweet soul.
Julia cares about others around her and worries about their feelings.
So proud of her and her decision to be Baptized. 
It was a beautiful Day as she wore her 2nd white dress and
made special covenants with her Heavenly Father.

No comments: