When I was a little girl, I got invited to attend a couple of Birthday parties
for my friends that were held at the Lion House.
There was always something special......magical even about those Birthday Parties.
I never had one of my own there.
Now that I have my own daughter, I was thrilled when I learned a few years ago,
that the Lion House still does that exact same party for girls in the ages of 8-11.
In February of this year, I called the Lion House to see if Julia's Birthdate was still available.
When I found out it was.....I was nervous to approach Trav.
Parties there are not cheap......but I had to pull this off.
We had a company retreat for work up in Midway in February.
Each wife was given 100$ to spend while the guys were at meetings.
I held on to the 100$ and decided I would approach Trav on our way back home
To my excitement......he was all for it as well.
We stopped in to the Lion House on our way home from Midway and paid the 100$
down payment to hold the date of her Birthday for the party.
They showed us around and told us what they did at the parties.
November seemed way too far away to keep this a secret from her!
I was so excited! I just knew she was going to love it!
November came.
I took the invites around to all of her friends, and asked them to keep it a surprise.
The afternoon of her Birthday, I had offered to take her to get her ears pierced
before her party started......but she chickened out.
I didn't pressure her.....but I'll admit, I was a little bummed.
I thought she'd be all over that idea, but she wasn't ready.....so that is still up in the air.
Trav drove half of the girls and I drove the other half.
We met up with Grandma Davies in the Kmart parking lot in Bountiful so she could come too.
Julia had no idea what the Lion House was,
so she was surprised as the entire night unfolded.
The girls oohed and ahhed as we walked in the door.
Our hostess, Betsy met us in the hall and invited all of the girls in to the party room
Betsy shared stories about Brigham Young and his family
and things that took place in the home while she toured the girls around a bit.
The flowers in this frame are all made out of hair from the daugthers....
they used that as embroidery floss.
It's incredible in person!
The girls were taken back in to the party room.
Julia was seated in her own special chair and given a Tiara to wear.
More stories were told, games were played and taffy was pulled!
They fed each girl a small dinner of a turkey sandwich,
carrots and dip, pretzels and lemonade.
We opened gifts by playing "Heavy, Heavy Hang Over Thy Poor Head,"
sang Happy Birthday and ate cake and Ice Cream.
There was a gum ball hidden in the cake and whoever got it
would have good luck the whole year through .....
the Birthday Girl ended up being the lucky one.
Betsy said that almost never happens!
After all of the gifts were opened, Betsy took Julia by the arm
and walked her over to the fireplace.
On the Mantel were 2 Lion Stuffed animals and 2 beautiful porcelain dolls.
Betsy told Julia that she could choose either a lion or one of the dolls to take home!
It only took her 2 seconds to decide.......she picked the doll in the beautiful red dress!
Julia was also given a smaller tiara to have at home.
Each of the girls got a lion sucker, taffy, a ginger sugar cookie,
and a Brigham Young bib in a sack to take with them.
It was such a special, special night.
They made Julia feel so special and all of her little friends had such a great time as well.
She has asked me a few times since, if she can have every party there.
I wish Sis, I wish.
I cannot believe the time has come for our daughter to be baptized.
How can she be this old?
She brings so much joy, music, laughter and dance to our home.
We love you Julia Bug!
Happy, Happy Birthday Sis!
May this always be a special Birthday for you!

1 comment:
What a special Birthday Party Julia!
Wish we could be with at your special baptism. You're such a pretty young lady, inside and out! We will see you in a few weeks with a little baptism gift for you then. So pleased you are joining Heavenly Father's true church!
Love you!
Post a Comment