Monday, March 2, 2015

First Annual Girls Retreat

Our poor daughter begs us often for a Sister.
She feels pretty outnumbered here.....
the only problem is, she would like to special order an older sister.
That isn't in the cards.
One night a couple of months ago, she came to me pretty sad.
She just wanted a sister and wished her brother's were nicer.
I told her my story of growing up with two brothers and no girls,
and how we fought all the time and how I had always wished I had a sister too, 
but that now my brothers and I were close friends and I was so glad I had them.
She didn't buy that.  That was not the answer she wanted.
After she left my room, I decided it was time to do something fun for just her.
And.....I knew it needed to include a bunch of girls.
I got thinking.....
we have a cabin to have a get away at, and I have a bunch of Sisters-in-law,
who all have daughters.
Before I knew it....I was texting all of them, to see if they had interest in a girls retreat,
and if so.....how soon they all could get away for a weekend.
We planned it for Feb. 27-March 1st.
What a fun retreat.
We chose to call it our "Favorite Things" Retreat.
Each of us Sis-in-laws and my Mom-in-law gave gifts to 
each other that were some of our favorite things.
I made cake stands with after school snacks all wrapped up.
(Which we ended up having to throw away my treats, because they tasted like E6000 glue!
Didn't think that one through.....using the glue for the stand, then wrapping it up tight with the treats!
Ha ha!!!  OOOPS!!)
Jen gave us all sentsy wax and room spray,
Ronda gave us all some awesome church books,
Tana gave us all jammies, 
and Heidi hired a masseuse to give us all a 30 minute massage in the loft of the cabin!
It was SO much fun to give and get the gifts.
The girls were given hats, jewelry and jammies from grandma as well.
They made necklaces, played games and watched movies in the basement.
We enjoyed just being together, talking and eating all kinds of yummy food.
The morning we left, we had a family devotional.
The girls sang songs, shared scripture and then Grandma and Aunt Ronda shared some words.
Sis loved every minute of this weekend.
It couldn't have been more perfect!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 We had so much fun, we wore sis out before we even started to enter the canyon to drive home!
Thanks everyone for making my daughter so happy!

No comments: