Sunday, July 26, 2015

3rd Annual Randle Family Pioneer Day Bear Lake Trip

I love that Grandpa built a Cabin.
And, I love that because he built that cabin, we all have a place to go to be together.
Ever since forever, we had a tradition of doing fireworks
and eating popcicles and watermelon at Grandpa's house on the 24th, or close to it.
Once the Cabin was finished, that turned in to all of us going with our families
up to stay at the cabin for a few days.
That has been so fun to do, and the kids have a blast being together.
This year, Trav took Julia with him to Montana for work for a few days, 
and then met us at the cabin.
Grandpa was already there, so Julia and Trav stayed with him Wednesday night,
and the boys and I came Thursday afternoon.
Steph and her kids, and Nate and Ally and theirs all came up Friday mid-afternoon.
Spencer wasn't able to be with us, due to some Military training he had to attend.
We missed having him around......he makes things fun.
Thursday, when the boys and I got there,
we unpacked, got dinner ready and then Grandpa, Trav, Austy and myself 
took the 4 wheelers for a ride up the canyon and under the freeway.
It was beautiful.  I love that drive.
On our way up the canyon, we ran in to 2 huge Moose.
They were right by us.  They didn't want to be right by us, so they stayed
long enough for us to get some pics and then took off down the hill.
 
When we got back, we sat around the fire and read from the Book of Mormon.
It was so peaceful.  I loved it.
The next morning, we woke up, had breakfast and got ready for the rest of the family to arrive.
Once they were there.....we helped Grandpa get his ribs ready in his new smoker for dinner!
 
Then it was time to take advantage of that chair and that view!
 I love to sit there and look at the lake while the 
breeze comes by and the birds chirp in the trees!
Not much beats that!
Before we knew it, the kids were begging to get out on the 4 wheelers.....so off we went!
 
 (Ella's friend Hannah, Ella, Austy, Zach, Teag)
 (Hannah, Nate, Zach)
(Teag and Austy)

We took them back up the canyon, under the freeway, and then further down into the sinks.
We had never ridden that far.  It was a beautiful drive.
Ella Bella rode with me, and at one point hinted she'd like a turn at driving!
I'd say she did a pretty good job!
 We stopped to take in the smells of the pine trees and look at the beautiful wildflowers.
 When we got back, we ate dinner and then Millie decided she wanted to go for a ride.....
so Sis and I took care of that!
 When we got back she told me....."Dat was Fun!"
We all congregated around the fire again,
to hear Dad tell his stories and Uncle Nate tell his!
 
We went to bed, got up.....had our breakfast and took off to the Lake for our Water day.
We had a little bit of a hiccup.....driving to the North Shore for the first time,
only to find it completely packed and no where to set up shop.
1.5 hrs later, we found ourselves back at our spot on the beach just down from the
Main Street Park and having fun in the sun and the sand.
Thanks to Dad for going down and Picking up Aunt Steph and Uncle Chub's
wave runners.......and thanks to them for letting us use them!
The kids had a lot of fun!
Good thing everyone made a stop at Ace Hardware to get their straw hats!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We had so much fun. Then the afternoon wind kicked up, and kids were tired.
We packed it up.....showered, ate dinner, rode some 4 wheelers again and hung out.
 Last year, we started a BB Gun shoot out!
We make targets, hang it in the bushes and then each person gets 4 shots at it.
Points are added up and then a winner is declared.
It was nice not having my Military Bro. there this year.
Little more equal playing grounds.
However, I did give him a run for his money last year.  He was scared!
After everything was tallied up....we found that Ty and I were tied.
We each shot 4 more shots and found that.....
I was the WINNER!
We decided we love this so much, that we are going to make a 
trophy to have on the mantel at the cabin.
Trav is going to make a BB Gun out of wood for the winners to sign each year.
I'm thinking the winner should get a Bear Lake Shake too!  :)
 
 Garrett Shooting.....
 (Trav Teaching Aust.  Maybe I should be teaching Aust!  :)
After some of the kids were in bed, and the adults got a little craving....
Nate, Steph and I ran to Garden City to get some shakes for us all!
The lines were HORRIBLE!
So, we gave up and went to Chevron.....who we may just believe makes the best shakes in town!
We like to call this pic our "Chevron Shake Shelfie!"
We kept saying that faster and faster on the drive home.
It got funnier every time.
Even Ella tried it around the camp fire and she struggled the most to say it!
So funny!
We enjoyed our shakes around the fire, with the glow in the dark bubbles I bought for the kids,
which ended up being really cool that the bottle glowed, but really lame the bubbles didnt.
Weird.
 
 
 Anyway, we enjoyed our time around the fire, until we heard Gus and Cali barking hysterically,
and then we heard a stampede come towards the fire.
I just knew a heard of dear or a couple Moose were headed to trample us around the pit!
We all took off in to the cabin as the dogs chased whatever that was around the fire,
and clear back up and down the hill.
Still have no clue what they were chasing but it was huge and loud!
That made for some tears with the children, and the nice time around the fire came to an end!
The next morning, we got up early to leave in time for Church.
Trav was called and sustained as the Sunday School President, so we needed to be home.
We had such a fun time!  Austy cried most of the way home to go back to the Cabin!
It's always hard to leave there!
 Here's to next year!

No comments: