Sunday, August 10, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend!!

A couple of months ago, I received a phone call from my Uncle Brent asking me to do the flowers for my cousin Joe's wedding. Now, sometimes I think I am invincible and can do anything....so without hesitating I said yes. It wasn't until this weekend, that I realized maybe I'm not so invincible! Joe and Carli were married on Saturday the 9th of August. A few weeks ago, I went to Jimmy's floral shop in Layton and ordered all of the flowers. I picked them up on Friday and planned to work on them all day long. My sweet friend Heather Lloyd, having known me for 24 years, knew that I wasn't invincible and wouldn't be able to do this task on my own, so she called her Mother-in-law and had her watch her kids so she could spend the day helping me through this adventure! In all, there were 15 small vases, 6 medium vases, 4 large vases, 7 Boutineers, 5 coursages, 3 hand bouquets, 1 groom boutineer, and a bridal bouquet!! (See why Heather knew I was crazy!!). We started at 9:30 a.m., with Heather leaving around 8 p.m., and me finishing the coursages, boutineers and bridal bouquet at 1:30 a.m.!! We worked non-stop, even forgetting about lunch until 3:30! If you don't mind however, I have to toot our own horn. The flowers turned out beautiful. Especially when you consider I only worked in a floral shop my Sophmore year for 4 months, and Heather had no experience (except for after working on them for 10 hours, she thought she was a pro and began telling me where to place things!!) I can't thank her enough for helping me, the wedding would have come and gone, and I'd still be in the kitchen arranging flowers!! I hope I speak for Heather in saying that it was a lot of work but it was actually really fun to do. We might even have another job coming up, my neighbor saw us loading the flowers and wants to hire us for her daughters wedding....HMMM, I wonder if we can charge professional prices?!! Here are a few pics. of our hard work!!















The wedding day turned out beautiful and Joe and Carli looked awesome! They were married in the Salt Lake Temple and had the luncheon at the Lion House. We even ran into Grandma and Grandpa Hale. They are serving at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and just happened to be on Temple Square when we were getting pictures. Here are a few of my favorite shots of the day.
Nate and Ally were home and we had a great week spending time with them. I loved this pic. at the temple.

Julia was leaning over into the reflection pond, and I couldn't resist taking this picture of my little girl reaching for the temple! It even made me a little emotional!!

It made me smile when I realized that all of my Grandparents grandchildren were now all married in the temple. We have to give a large part of the credit to them. They have been great examples to all 4 of us!




Everything turned out just as planned! It was a wonderful day, and I think by the end, I was just as tired as I was on my own wedding day. Thanks Uncle Brent, Joe and Carli and your families, for trusting me with a big part of your wedding. Thanks again to Heather....I would never have made it without her....that's funny, there are a lot of times in my life when I would never have made it with out her! We are more sisters than not! Thanks to Heidi who took Garrett to football, so I could keep working on the flowers, thanks to Dad Randle for taking little sister off my hands for the morning! Now, on to Stake Young Women's Camp! No rest for the weary!! Congrats, Joe and Carli!!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

You are very right- your hard work paid off. The flowers all turned out beautiful!! You and Heather are both so talented at things like that I had no doubt that you could pull it off. Heck, I should have had you do MY wedding flowers! :)

Grandma said...

Sarah, The floral arrangements are absolutely amazing! No professional could have done better! What an undertaking!! I wish I knew that you liked working so hard on floral arrangements and you would have had Kristi's to do.
The whole day looks like it was just beautiful! I loved the pictures of Nate's family, Grandpa and Grandma Davies and that one of little Julia is precious!
Heather is a really good worker and like you anything she touches turns out so lovely! I'm so grateful you are such dear friends, sisters!

Thanks for sharing all this and the pictures of the boys ready for school, so handsome! It is unreal to think of those guys both in school now!

I'm kind of slow reading everyone's blog's, it's like reading several chapters in a book when I check on--but I love it!
You're the greatest and we sure all love you so much! Lavonne

Kari said...

Sarah,

I really think I was meant to click on your blog tonight. I was touched to tears reading about not only such a significant day in your family, but again the amazing bond you and Heather share. What a special day to remember together - the flowers were incredible! And, the picture of Nate and his family was so precious - to see him with two sweet kids - wow! Little Julia touching the temple reflection - aah - I can't even talk about it. And, Grandpa and Grandma Davies, what very special people, I feel their love and love them back right through the screen. How blessed our family is to know yours. Thanks for the special blog and for living like you and Heather do: so down-to-earth, so humble and fun, and so serving and right and good. You're both wonderful and I love you!

Kari

Heather said...

Looks like everyone was pretty impressed with our work! Way to go! It really was a fun day! Thanks for trusting me to jump in and help!