Monday, July 21, 2008

Off To School We Go!!


So, today is the day I have waited for, right? Then how come I was crying as we walked down the hall?!!! Garrett and Tyler started school today. It is hard to believe that Garrett is in 3rd grade and Tyler in 1st. I now have two kids in school all day every day....I know, sounds a little glorious, however, when reality set in, I was pretty emotional about it. With every passing year, I think it will get easier, but for some reason, I just realize more and more how quickly time is going and how fast my kids are slipping away from me. Tyler wouldn't even hold my had to walk down the hall....that was just more than he was willing to bear today! I think they were both excited to be back at school. They would never admit it, but both had a hard time getting to bed last night. It is early out today, so Julia and I won't be able to hit the stores too hard....but we're going to give our new "Mommy-Daughter" days a good start! We'll at least get to Target!! It's raining here today, so we're keeping our fingers crossed that it doesn't ruin RECESS!! Good luck this year Garrett and Ty, we love you!!

2 comments:

Ally said...

woohow! Way to go boys. They look huge to me...and I swear Tyler is a foot taller right? Can't wait to see you guys.... xoxo

Kim Ward said...

Sarah-
Hey I'm Heather's friend from Highschool. I like what you said about how quickly your children seem to be slipping away, it kind of scares me. I don't want to be missing what is important. I just what to soak it all up, in the moments when I'm not flustered.