Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mount Timpanogos

We just got back from a 4 day camping trip to Timpanogos. We had a great time! We hiked one 1/2 miles to Scout Falls, caught chipmunks, roasted marshmallows, played games, waded in the stream, drove to the lake, sat around the campfire and told stories, lost Ty's other front tooth, hid more money in our spot under a tree, and shopped at Cabelas (where Garrett got a leather case full of arrow heads, Ty a leather case with a knife, and Julia a camoflauge doll, which we respectfully named "Cabela!") .



















We were so dirty, that by Monday, we all had to take a shower in the little bath in the 5th wheel! My cousin Joe and his fiance Carli stayed with us for 2 nights, and our friends LeRoy and Holly and their girls came for one! Grandpa Randle and Gus even joined us for Trav's famous Dutch Oven potatoes, barbeque chicken and apple crisp Sunday night!
To top it all off....I over-loaded myself with bags while we were unpacking the trailer, stepped on the edge of the second stair, twisted my ankle which made all kinds of popping sounds, and landed flat on the driveway with bags flying every direction! Needless to say, I have been limping around all day and laying with ice packs and a compression sock!!
We had an awesome time...but I must admit...it's nice to be in our own home, in our own beds!



See you in August Mt. Timp!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love it! It looks like we missed out on a good time! We're looking forward to August!

Ally said...

I don't have my own log in so I use Ally's...

Sis - looks like you all had so much fun. Besides family, I get homesick for three thinks...

-Utah Football games in the cool October weather
-The first snow fall of the year (only the first...don't miss it at all after that)
-Camping with the family.

Hopefully we'll make it home one time when you go so we can join you.

Love your big bro!

Nate

Ally said...

three thinks??? or three things?

Ally said...

Sarah-

3 things I don't get homesick for:

-Utah football games in the cool Oct. weather
-the first and last snowfall of the year
-camping period!

HAHAH

Glad we are married and have so much in common! :)

ps- cutest picture EVER of Julia and Travis smiling and hiking.