Monday, January 19, 2009

Homemade Goodness

So, the last few days I have been awesome companions with a bowl! Somehow...along with constant morning sickness....I caught the flu! That was a fun weekend! I didn't even get out of bed on Saturday, and only a little on Sunday! Thank heavens I have awesome sisters in the ward that serve with me and were able to take over....and make sure the Young Women were taken care of! You know who you are....Thank You, Thank you!! My husband deserves a shout out too....even if he does keep telling people I'm just getting soft in my old age and can't hack this thing! That gets funnier ever time he says that.....I might add! (Can't wait till he carries a baby....will that ever happen? DANG!!) He really has been very helpful....love you dear!

But, tonight....I have to thank my buddy! I introduced you to Jan a few posts back. I love this crazy lady! As if she didn't have enough going on with serving in the Stake Young Women's, going to work everyday, raising two families, and planning two kids weddings....she made us the best meal ever tonight and brought it over to help me out! And I'm not kidding....the best meal ever!!! There was homemade chicken noodle soup, homemade rolls, and brownies with ice cream and hot fudge!My kids thought they died and went to heaven.....so did Trav and I for that matter! Jan was supposed to be here at 6, but called around that time to say she'd be late. I gave her a hard time when she called on the phone....so when she showed up this was what we answered the door to!!(Jan & "Son-in-law-to-be," Matt)

Nice one Jan....that was classic! Does the Lord send angels our way? Yes he does....and Jan is one of mine...don't you all wish Jan was your's too? Sorry, she is going to be busy with me for a while! I'm only 10 weeks today! We're trying to talk her in to coming tomorrow night too! Jan, if you read this....I love you and appreciate your friendship, more than you'll ever know. Thanks for making us all feel good tonight! Happy faces all over the Burke house!
(Trav wasn't in this picture....because he was on the computer trying to plan a trip to get out of town.....I think he's had enough! :) )

5 comments:

Merinda said...

i'm so sorry that on top of morning sickness you had to get that flu, it is an awful one. I am sure glad you have great friends that can help out once in awhile. I wish I was closer, I would love to bring you dinner. Hope you get feeling better soon.
Loves

Ed said...

So sorry to hear you are SO sick! That is miserable, I can so relate! Good luck and take it easy!

Megan said...

YUM! That looks so good! I am glad she helped you out! I love the flour all over her! Too funny!!

McDougal's said...

Oh I am so sorry that your sick...thank heaven for little angels in our lives. You deserve one that is for sure. Wish I lived closer to you and we could help eachother out..this fourth baby is really kicking my you know what too. Yes I am older but really this is crazy. Well good luck-hope you feel better and yes it is ok to just sit and relax and let the laundry pile..no guilt..your creating something amazing and it takes alot of energy.

Lori said...

YUCK! I hate throwing up, it's the worst. I hope you are feeling better. Mmmmmm, does Jan make trips to Idaho???? Ha-ha!