Monday, January 26, 2009

"I Love to See the Temple...."

This last weekend, Heather and Jeff invited us to go to the open house of the Temple in Draper. They had just enough extra tickets for us and our kids. It was a little chaotic with the crowds and the bus system they had going....but it was a great opportunity for our kids to be inside the temple and learn a little about what goes on there! It was fun to see their faces as we walked room to room, and to hear the questions they had for us along the way. They both told us after that the temple wasn't what they had imagined......oh, to be able to hop into their heads and see the mental picture they had before seeing the real thing.....I can only imagine!! It was such a beautiful temple! It's funny how even though it hasn't been dedicated yet, it has the same special feeling.(Our Bus Ride to the Temple)I do have to share a "kids say the darndest" moment though! When we unloaded from the bus at the temple, there was a white tunnel that they set up from the curb to the temple....to keep the guests out of the weather. It goes the whole length of the parking lot. After you leave the temple, you enter another tunnel that takes you directly into a stake center near the end of the temple parking lot, where you go to the gym and cookies and water are available for everyone before loading onto the buses to go home. Well, we finished walking through the temple and entered the tunnel into the Stake Center Gym. I was holding Garrett's hand in the gym and all of the sudden he stopped, looked side to side and yelled, "Yes....you mean to tell me they have hoops here.....so after I get married, I can play a quick game of basketball?! SWEET!!" I died laughing, I couldn't contain myself! Garrett didn't realize that we had moved into a Stake Center, he thought we were still inside the Temple. That was the funniest thing I'd witnessed in a long time. I had to dash his excitement and break the news that we were now in a church, not the temple! Oh Bubba, thank you for keeping life exciting! Glad to know where your priorities are! Hoops.....then the Bride!
Thank you Heather and Jeff for the opportunity of going through the Temple as a family! It was a wonderful day, that was finished off with a heart stopping order of Cheese fries and messy sandwhiches....thanks Training Table!

3 comments:

Merinda said...

That is literally hilarious. I was our right laughing. I can see it now in the headlines,"Church decided to put a basketball gymnasium in the temple to help all the nervous grooms." That would be hilarious, or maybe he has a great idea. Thanks for the laugh I needed that

Debbie and Boys said...

Hi Sara,
Hey I found you through Lori M.'s blog. She posted a picture awhile back of the two of you and I called her to tell her that you were my EFY counselor in 1997! Can you believe how small this world is. She's one of my favorite people. How fun to see your little family. I love the family pictures.. how beautiful.

Debbie

Heather said...

Garrett's comment was the best! We were talking about it when we got back to Jeff's parents! We all loved that!