Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sweet Dreams

I never thought I would be one of "those" bloggers....where the second something happens, I'm blogging about it.....but forgive me, cause today I am, and for the time being, it is the only thing that feels good right now. Last night, Julia didn't want to get in bed, and I told her that the faster she went to sleep, the faster we could wake up, and go to the Dr. to hear our baby's heart beat! After we got the kids to school, I got her out of the bath and she looked at me and said, "Les go hear da baby's hot!" Little did I know, just over an hour later.....there would be no little heartbeat. We were devastated when Dr. Healy started the ultrasound, and there wasn't even a little flicker anywhere. I knew immediately things weren't good. The thing that was hardest of all, is there were 2 little hands, two little feet.......but no little heartbeat.....and my 2 year old asking her Daddy, "You hear da baby's hot?" It's amazing that just 4 weeks ago, the heartbeat was so strong....infact, my Dr. thinks that we must have lost the baby within the last day or so, because it was measuring exactly what it should have today, which told him it just barely happened. What went wrong?....No idea, just that part of life that no one wants to deal with, but have to! This is our second miscarriage, so we know what to expect, but unfortanately, that doesn't seem to make it any easier. My Dr. wants me to come in tomorrow morning, for one last ultrasound. Seems like salt in the wounds to me, but he doesn't want to do anything without a second look. Then, after we confirm what we already know, I will go over to the hospital and have a D & C. If I used the word "Sucks" in my vocabulary, that would describe how I feel, but since I don't, I will just say that today hasn't been my most favorite day! It was hard to tell the boys, but we knelt in family prayer and that seemed to comfort a little. I don't want to go on and on, but I have been pacing around the house since we walked in the door this morning, I had to release this in some way. Thank you to all of you who have heard through the grapevine already and have called. I really appreciate all of the love and concern and feel the prayers. This is one of those things that only time will heal. I just hope our baby knows it was loved from the first sight of 2 little lines. For now our little someone.....Sweet Dreams!

18 comments:

Heather said...

We are so sorry! When you told me this today, I cried for you! We were looking forward to having our babies together! Something just doesn't seem quite right now! Loev you guys!

Lori said...

Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry. I love you! You are so strong--hang in there.

Ed said...

I am so sorry. You are in my prayers.

Megan said...

I admire you for posting just how you feel! I am glad you are acknowledging your feelings and allowing yourself to mourn. My hear goes out to you. I know all to well how hard miscarriages are. ((hugs))

Oh, and the part about little Julia being so excited to hear the heartbeat 'bout broke my heart. My kids were in the exam room with our last loss, and it was really hard....

McDougal's said...

You are in our prayers! I am so sorry for your loss. I know that all things are for a reason, and I know you know that too...but you can be sad and cry anyway! Those spirits are worth fighting for-so never give up!
Love ya Tam

Journey of the Davies said...

Burke Family,
Mine and Joe's heart goes out to you guys at this hard time. You are in our prayers. If there is anyway you can help let us know. We will be in town this weekend because my family it going to the Draper Temple open house. While we are in town let us help you family in anyway we can. If you and Trav need a night a lone or something let us know and we will watch your sweet kids.
Love Carli and Joe

Kristi said...

Oh Sarah... my heart is aching for you. This news made me cry for you and your little family. I know how excited you were for this little one - I know it can't be easy. You are so strong. I wish there were something I could do to make it all better and help your broken heart. We will keep you and your family in our prayers. We love you.

MorrisFamilyMemories said...

I am so sad! You are such an amazing family and I admire you more than you will ever know! Life is never fair!

leroy said...

Hey Trav & Sarah,

We're very sorry to hear about that. Were thinking of you guys. Appreciate your friendship!!

Merinda said...

Oh Sarah, words can never say how I am feeling for you right now. From one mother to another, my heart goes out to you and your family imagining the heart break. I am just so glad you have the knowledge that you will be able to raise your 2 little ones in heaven and that they will be yours for the eternities. I love you guys.

Mom said...

With tears in my eyes and sobbing in my throat I'm writing to express how very sorry I am for you Sarah and Travis, little Julia and the boys. We just get so darn
excited and look so forward to another precious spirit joining our family and that's just as it should be and so of course, then we get so heart broke when we lose them as well. I change a little
the saying, "the only way to take sorrow out of our life is to take love out of life." I'm so sorry, I know how excited you were and we
all were for you. The Lord will bless you with another little one in time.
I want to call, but want to give you time and I know you have been through a lot these past few days.
I'll call Sunday.

Love you so much, our prayers are with you. Lavonne

Christan Strong said...

Sarah & Travis,
I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I know how much you were looking forward to this. Please know we are thinking of you. If you need ANYTHING please let me know. I would love to help any way I can.
Love Ya
Christan

Rachelle said...

Sarah, I know we haven't been in touch for a long time, but I want to express how sorry I am for what you are going through. My heart aches for you, and I want you to know you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I have really enjoyed reading through your blog and getting to know your family better. You were always an example to me while we were growing up, and I'm glad we were able to make contact again.

Camille Parker said...

Trav and Sara. We are so sorry to hear about your news. You are in our prayers.

Jules said...

Cute Sarah, I haven't seen or talked to you in a very long time, but am excited that you found me on facebook. I am so sad to read this post, so sorry that this has happened. I know that no one can say any magic words that fix it...I hope you feel the love of all of your friends and family and that in time it hurts less. I still love you Sarah Anne Randle...okay...Burke...

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah...that is very hard. I am so sorry. I don't know why stuff like this happens, but I do know that we will understand it all someday. I hope you can feel peace about it and be able to keep that smile going...
Love Em

justin and jaime wimmer family said...

I really could do without all the trials in this life.. This one especially. My heart hurts for your family. You are strong!! I am so glad to have you as my friend.

Melanie said...

Hey Sarah- I heard your sad news and just wanted to send XOXOXOX's your way. Love ya