-I realized that it is okay to not be strong all of the time. I was able to take some time, shut the world out and work through things with the help of my Heavenly Father. I've always felt that I needed to be strong and not let my emotions show too often. This experience taught me that at times a major meltdown is just what my spirit needs to rejuvenate itself, rather than holding things in.
- I fell even more in love with my husband (didn't know that was possible....thought I was already as deep as it could get!!). He is my rock. Travis showed me so much compassion. As soon as we found out, he took a couple of days off work to be home with me and to take care of the daily needs. He was with me through it all. As I would lay on the hospital bed and cry, he was by my side with tender hugs and kisses. A couple nights around 2 or 3 in the morning, when you'd think he was asleep, he was aware of my tears and would roll over and hold me through it. Lunches with the "guys" were canceled to come home and be with me, just to make sure I was okay. Phone calls were screened and door bells answered by him, if I just couldn't tell the story one more time. I don't know that many even stopped to ask how he was handling all of this, myself included. Oh how I have thanked Heavenly Father for him in my life over and over these last couple of weeks. "Love You" somehow doesn't even sound strong enough for what I feel for him. Thank heavens I have through Eternity to prove it!
- The service that was rendered in our behalf was truly incredible and just one more evidence of the tender mercies of the Lord. We were asked to go through this trial, but we were never left to go through it alone. Meals flooded in from family and friends, freshly baked loaves of bread were made, flowers delivered, cards sent in the mail, cookies and treats were left on the porch, books given, phone calls of love and concern, our home was even "Heart-attacked" with messages of love and support from my sweet Young Women as well as texts to babysit for free whenever I need to "Get Away."
- And lastly, I have gained a stronger testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. As I pleaded in prayer the night before the D & C to have the situation change and have all be well and whole again, I realized that it was in the Lord's hands and that regardless of what morning would bring, that one day, all WOULD be well and whole again. I have relied on my testimony greatly and am so thankful for the knowledge the gospel brings. How do people deal with grief without that?
When our little one's heart stopped beating, a piece of mine did too! But I realized today, as all of the flowers are starting to wilt, and my follow-up appointment is now over, that it was time to try to move on. The vases will be cleared away and the cards placed in a box.
I just hope I have the Faith, Courage, and Strength to do so.
8 comments:
Geez, I shoulda put on my waterproof mascara before I read this. **Sniff**Sniff**
My heart goes out to you and Travis and to all that have had to pick up the pieces after a loss.
I hope someday soon we both get to be pattin' a newborn's little bum, as they curl up on our shoulder....
Oh Sarah, you amazing girl! After reading your post today, I was wondering if you have ever heard the song by Hillary Weeks called, "Just let me Cry" ? A friend suggested it to me, and I loved it, because sometimes we do feel like we need to be strong, but it is so important to recognize those real feelings of sorrow too. You must listen if you havent already. Thank goodness for good hubbies! I always tell Rich that he is proof Heavenly Father loves me, because He brought him to me! Well my friend, hugs to you as you "pick up the pieces" I know you will do just fine. Thank you for your comment on my new blog, you always know what to say to make my heart smile :)
I can't help but think about you and pray for you every day! I can't imagine what you are going through, but I know you have the strength to get through! Love you!
Sarah you are truly amazing. I was thinking about you and your situation the other day and couldn't help but cry fresh tears all over again and think of what an incredible person you are to make it through this with the strength and courage and faith that you do. You are an inspiration to many. We sure love you and pray for you.
Both you and Travis are so strong to go through this stuggle. You guys are such a great example to me. Sarah you have a wonderful husband... and you can tell he really and truly loves you by the way he takes care of you. I have to thank you for setting the exmaple for me to follow and for sharing your testimony by the way you express yourself and live your life. Your family is in our prayers.
Dear Sarah, Trav and our kids,
I occasionally get the chance to view your blog. I'm always touched by what you write and enjoy the photos you include. I know there is now way possible to fully understand all the sadness that you've experienced this month, but I want you to know how much I love you and how awed by the strength and courage you show in growning from this experience.
I have to believe that this baby will be yours to raise some day. What a special child this must have been to be able to "skip" the full earthly experience plus to have you as a family to be a part of for eternity. You're all so very special.
I love you all!
Uncle Brent
I found your blog on your facebook page and I am so sorry for your loss.
I feel awful that I didn't even know!! I hope things are a little better. I know how hard it is. You're in my thoughts and prayers! Love you blog, by the way! :)
Post a Comment