Sunday, March 1, 2009

And then my heart was lifted.....

Sometimes in life we find ourselves in situations that are absolutely hilarious.....for me, it seems like these situations are more frequent than not. If it's going to happen, it WILL happen to me! Just yesterday, I found myself in exactly that....a Hilarious situation, in which I thought to myself, "What are the odds?" So, a week ago, my good friend Jan called me up and asked me to sing at her daughters wedding luncheon. I was not thrilled about doing this....I came up with every excuse possible and tried to give her a thousand ideas of other things she could do. But, for some crazy reason, Jan was relentless and so because I love her, I finally agreed! Friday night, the day before the wedding, I told Travis I didn't want to sound bad and look bad while I was up there. I couldn't do much about the voice, but I could do something about the dress! He took me up to the mall and within a few minutes, I found a dress that I thought was so cute, and it fit! (dang those pregnancy pounds!) I never find anything when I need it, so I was excited that I would have something new to wear for the occasion! To make a long story short, I got all dressed up, even curled my hair, and off we went to the Salt Lake Temple.....only to walk into the marriage waiting room to find this:That's right....the Mother-of-the-Bride (Jan), in the SAME DRESS! We laughed till we almost cried! To make matters worse, when she introduced me to a friend of hers, the lady sincerely asked me if I was the "Mother-of-the-Groom!" Another man asked if we were in a singing group! If I wasn't expected at the ceremony and luncheon, I would have ran....... FAST! This would only happen to me, only to me! But, it felt good to have a laugh like that....all day long!

9 comments:

Franklin Times said...

That is so funny! But as they say, great minds think alike! Thanks for the giggle of the day :D

Ally said...

Holy freaking crap...that is so not funny that it's funny. Call me next time huh?

Heather said...

That is HILARIOUS!

Megan said...

So funny, and geez what are the chances?? I love the questions that were asked? Mother of the groom? In a singing group? ROFL!

Oh, and I hear ya about the dang pregnancy pounds. It has taken me months to lose it this time. Lame. ((hugs)) I think you look fabulous.

Merinda said...

I can hardly believe that, definately what are the odds of that happening. I guess I am glad it happened to you first so if it evedr happens to me, I will have someone else to talk to about it.

MorrisFamilyMemories said...

You made my morning! I am sure glad you have embarrasing moments as well! You looked beautiful! Where did you get your dress?, maybe a few of us neighbors could go buy one as well and all wear them to church at the same time.

Lori said...

Haha!!! I love it. I love the dress too--way cute. Will you sing to me?

holly said...

But it's such a cute dress! That's hilarious, and I must agree- this would only happen to you.

Still laughing!!

Ed said...

I am sorry for your "dark days!" I wish there was some way to make them lighten up help you be happy. I am praying for you and want you to know you have helped many people have good days!