10 years ago
Thursday, April 30, 2009
When you Wish Upon a Star.....
.....Dreams really do come true!! Trav surprised us last week with a vacation to Disneyland! I had been begging for a few months to get out of town.....needed a little break from life! (Thus the reason for the sweet coldsore in all the pics! Lovely.) But, because of this economy and unexpected medical bills, we just didn't think it was possible! Sometimes a little bonus comes our way with work....and one just happened to pop up a couple of weeks ago. Morgan Pavement also had a truck that needed to be picked up in Anaheim, so it all came together beautifully, and Trav suprised us and took us! Friday night we drove to Vegas and stayed with Trav's mission buddy and his family - The Pingels! It was so fun to catch up with them and see our kids have so much fun together.....one for every age! Thanks for dinner and letting us crash at your home guys!
Saturday morning we woke up and had breakfast with one of my long-time friends, Lori and her family. They also just moved to Vegas a couple of months ago. It was great to see them! Lori and I are always able to pick up right where we left off....I love that about her! She made each of my kids a baggie of treats and cookies for the long ride.....thank you Lori!!! Julia chomped down on hers all the way through lovely Downtown Barstow!!
When we finally arrived in California, we checked in to the hotel and headed off to Newport beach! It was great! The kids built sand castles with their buckets and shovels, flew kites, and searched for sea shells! The water was freezing, so we didn't do much in the ocean, but it was sure beautiful to sit there and relax and enjoy the sunset!
We spent three days at Disneyland.....Trav was done after two days, and I could have stayed two days more!! It was awesome watching Julia catch the thrill of that place! Our kids were in heaven! The Nielson family was there with us. Trav works with Jeremy and they planned this together! It made it nice to have eachother to watch kids while the adults went on the bigger rides! Our kids had fun playing together! They are great friends, it was awesome having them there!
We also ran in to the Morris family from our ward and were able to spend some time with them! Denise is fighting cancer and rebounding from her last treatment of Chemo, so they too were needing to get away and surprised their family! She is an incredible example! It was nice to see them having fun!
What a wonderful, and much needed vacation! Our spirits are Rejuvenated and we're ready to attack life again! The bags are all unpacked, loads of laundry already finished, and the kids are back to school.......why does time go by so fast? Trav didn't end up having to drive a truck home....they didn't get it finished in time - SHUCKS.......just might have to go back and help him get it!! Disney- thanks for being so good to us, you never disappoint!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Love your new background, btw! I am soooo glad you went and had such a fabulous time! Yay! I love all the pictures you took! The one with Julia, asleep hugging Minnie is priceless! We go in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!
What a FUN SURPRISE!!! Looks like a great time. I can't wait till Camden is old enough and we can take him and watch his excitement.
Disney is such a magical place! Sounds like you had a wonderful time, and you deserve it! I love taking the little ones there, it makes it all that much more magical, although even my teens had a great time when we went.(now that's magic hehe) Your pictures are precious, especially the one of Julia sleeping. I think you should Disney should use that for a commercial:) BTW Thank you for your message, you always make my heart smile. love ya
Some of those pics were the cutest pics I have ever seen in my life. What a beautiful family and so glad you guys were able to get away for such a well deserved and well needed vacation. Looks like you guys had an excellent adventure. so glad for you. Love you guys.
I love all the pictures! Looks like you guys had a GREAT time! Looks like we missed out! Maybe we'll be able to go next time!
Sarah! What a fun trip! How cool of Travis to surprise you guys. I'm jealous!!! My favorite pic is where Julia is asleep with her little bunny rabbit and minnie mouse. She is so cute.
By the way, you are like the blogging wizzard. That slideshow thing was so awesome. How did you do it?
So like have you had photography classes??? You capture all these great backgrounds behind your pics, plus the pictures are spectacular. I am blogging now. I have very lame blogging skills. My goal is to become a bombcious blogging queen like you!!!!
Post a Comment