Saturday, April 11, 2009

Welcome Back, Welcome Back....Welcome Back!! (Warning - long family journaling post!)

I just finished hiding the last egg before I head off to bed. I saw the camera and decided to unload the pics. from the day before adding more in the morning. Seeing the pics. brought back the excitement, so I decided to hurry and post about it.....hoping it helps me unwind and I can finally go to sleep! (Seeing as the kids will be up in 6 hours!)
My Brother Nate and his wife and two little kids flew home from San Diego today. To most that seems like no big deal, but to us.....it is the most exciting thing to happen in a while! 5 years ago, Nate was offered an awesome job with Callaway Golf in California. I remember feeling so sad when they moved, thinking we would never see them home in Utah again. Well.....today those feelings turned to complete happiness and excitement! Nate was just hired in Utah at a different company and surprised us at Christmas with the news. They sold their home and were able to come back today. It has been hard having them away......not having the money to visit often, having to talk via Dad Randle's Webcam on major holidays, going through losses without eachother close to comfort, missing Birthdays, school functions, etc. We made a poster, got balloons and push pop suckers and headed off to the airport. I'm embarrassed to say we were a few minutes late because we had to come from Logan and the weather wasn't so good. (Welcome back to your sister....Never on time!!) We kept checking in to make sure of the flights landing time, and were happy to find we had an extra 25 minutes to get there! No sooner had we been given that info..... a text came in from Nate saying they had landed and were taxying in! That is not good news when you're just passing Lagoon! I texted him back and begged him to go to the bathroom, to buy us more time! We were trying to surprise the kids! He did as I asked and then some....and we made it!The boys and Ella decided they just didn't have enough time together at the airport, and that we all needed ice cream and that Ella would have to ride with us to get there! So, Nate, Ally and Zach went back to her parents home to get Zach to bed (he didn't love us surprising him..... being strangers and all!!) and we took Ella for a Wendy's Frosty.....and of course some fries! Happy Easter to us.....and Welcome Home to them!
We love these guys and are so happy to be back together!Align Center

8 comments:

Franklin Times said...

Oh the joy of families!! I love having family close! So happy for you and all the little cousins together again. So fun :) Happy Day

Lori said...

I'm so jealous!! I wish I had family close by, but I am so happy for you. Maybe now Nate can redeem his loss to me in tetherball from when we were in elementary (next time we are in town and have access to a tetherball pole)! J/K.

Merinda said...

I am so happy for your family that your brother is back. I know how close of a family you all are, so that is such great news. We love you guys.

Megan said...

I love that you are so close with your brother. That is just wonderful! I am so happy that you have them close now! Yay!

Heather said...

I am so happy that Nate and Ali are back! I am hoping for the return of some of my family sometime! Who knows!

Kristi said...

OH Happy Day!!!!

Ally said...

Yeah, we are back and ready to rock in the snow today. I'm thinking that we bring bad weather, but take the housing market up! :) Thanks for the post...maybe I can just copy it and put it on my page? hahah

Unknown said...

You maketh me want to moveth home!