We had a great 4th! As tradition would have it, we were with my family for the Randle family 4th of July - which always consists of a dinner/barbeque somewhere, usually at a park in Kaysville, and then off to the Davis High Fireworks! This day never disappoints! Spencer was able to come home from some military training in Georgia....so the whole family was together for a game of baseball, good food and great fire works!
Girls Camp was incredible! Such an amazing experience. I absolutely love my calling (despite the days I don't love it when drama insues!!)! It is so much fun to be in that setting with the Young Women. We played so many fun games and laughed hard enough for all of the cabins nearby to hear! The spirit was incredible as we finished the Book of Mormon together and read letters from parents of the girls and spouses of the leaders! We had a great time! Can't wait for next year! (and yes....I was silly-stringed!!)
Again....the 24th was equally as fun! Trav had to work this year, so not much was done until the fireworks at Dad Randle's house...which always promises to be a good time with plenty of watermelon, Pace popcicles, and fireworks in the cul-de-sac!! The next night was spent at our home with our Burke Family......great barbeque meals, slip n' slides and again.....fireworks and popcicles in the cul-de-sac! Hmm.......deja vu!! (and yes.....some wore masks for the show, and others wrapped up in blankets for the festivities!!)
We topped this month off with yet another "Farewell Party" for my little Bro.!! He made it home safe and sound from Georgia....graced us with his presence for about 4 hours, and is now gone again for more millitary training in Arizona! He and his bride will be there till November! I smell a family trip coming on! We love you Chub and are grateful for your service to our Country! See you round the Thanksgiving table!! (and yes.....there will be a set of Andes Mints by your goblet!) We love you and miss you already! (and no....his name isn't really Chub, even though my kids think so!)p.s. Did I mention that in the middle of all this chaos.....Ty decided he needed a haircut and took matters into his own hands?!! Well.....he did! Happy July all!
7 comments:
I've been missin your posts! So glad you are back! Loved the shot of Ty after his "haircut"! Isn't that what toddlers do? I hardly recognized him!
What a fun month! Loved the update. I just got home from stake girls camp and too love the spirit YW have!
IF you guys take a trip to AZ, PLEASE let me know! I would love to visit if you had the time!
That is too funny about the spelling test. Ha! We live in Mesa, which for sure be on the way to southern AZ. Is he in Tucson? I know there is a base there. There are also people stationed in smaller towns along the border... what fun the border is in this state!
Even if you guys just stopped for a little bit, the kids could cool off in our pool and have a little break from driving!
:) Love the picture collages! Is there drama in Young Women's....??? Really??? Hee hee hee.
LOVE the Survivor Sign!!! Welcome back to the bloggin word. Hopefully August will be a BETTER and less hectic month for you.
Love that Ty tried to cut his own hair! We're sad we missed the fireworks at your dad's! Maybe next year. Sorry Trav, we missed out on going to Cherry Hill. We were a little occupied with other things! We won't disappoint next year!
It's good to hear from you again! I love the pic of you, your brothers, and your dad. I have such good memories of you guys. It looks like you guys are having a wonderful Summer!
Post a Comment