Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Another "Bloomin" Wedding!

We here at "Sarah's Non-Professional Flower Shop" just accomplished another wedding!! The next door neighbors asked me to do the center pieces for their daughters wedding this last Saturday. They were very specific with what they wanted......5 Cala Lilies, one large leaf off to the side, willow branches throughout, and all in tall cylinder vases! They delivered the flowers to me on Friday and as I started to make the bouquets, the Lilies were sliding all over the vase and weren't staying in place. I ran around and found enough glass marbles to fill the bottom and then things started coming together! There were 18 Vases in all! I started towards the afternoon and finished around Mid-night since there were some interruptions in between! The a/c was set to run all night to help keep them fresh for the morning! Seeing as we like our Customers to be 100% Satisfied, I rode in the back of the van with them to ensure a safe and secure delivery!I was so grateful to my severely underpaid employee and "Hot" delivery driver for their help that day!Butterflies were my constant companion as we drove to the reception center. I was so nervous to see what they would think. We beat the wedding party there, so I had them all on the tables when they arrived. The butterflies quickly left when I realized they were completely happy with the way they turned out......until the Bride came running in asking me to save the day on her and the bridesmaids bouquets! They had hired someone else to do those, and the colors ended up being wrong and the stems not wrapped the way she hoped. She wanted them the way I had originally done her bouquet for her bridal pictures. So, we hurried off to a back room and re-wrapped the bouquets while the wedding coordinator spray painted the gerber daisies a lighter pink! Who knew that was possible?!! We fixed the problem, ran home and changed, and made it back in time for the ceremony! Later that night.....I was grateful my Floral Shop truly is "Non-Professional" and that I don't have to do that on a daily basis! It's fun as a hobby, but Hat's off to the real Pro's! Thanks Cotton's for trusting me with your big day!!

9 comments:

Megan said...

They look absolutely beautiful! I love the lillies! Pretty! Nicely done!! :)

Ronda said...

I just LOVE all of the experience you are recieving now so that you'll do Ally and Evelyn's weddings! Yeehaw! They look great!

Kristi said...

Looks beautiful, as always!

Deana Padelsky said...

Is there anything you CAN'T do??? You are like the Martha Stewart of the Hansen Meadows ward!!! I still want to be just like you when I grow up! (Yeah, like that will ever happen... Me grow up!)

Franklin Times said...

Nice job! They are beautiful :)By the time my girls get married, it will be a breeze for you. So I am reserving you now. And I can't help but notice how clean your delivery van is!! lol :)

NcR said...

There are two things your big bro loves about this post...

(1) You are very talented and your flower arrangements look amazing. You should add "wedding singer" to the mix and you'd have the perfect wedding service.

(2) I can't believe you still have the RANDLE family reunion shirt from 1996. That is old school sis.

Rachelle said...

Sarah, it looks beautiful! What a wonderful gift you have. I need you to come over and help me decorate my house! You have a wonderful eye for making things look beautiful.

Heather said...

Way to go! I am impressed with your abilities once again! Sorry I was no help to you this time! Maybe the next wedding!?

Merinda said...

Great job as usual. I can hardly believe the talent that is possessed in that little body of yours. Your forever amaze me the way you carry on with daily life as though you don't know you are as talented as you are. Love you girl.