When you get the chance to learn a cooking skill from Grandma Davies, you take her up on it! Our garden has done better this year than any other year! Trav's hard work has paid off - (not to mention those little boys who had to weed it every Thursday!) A few days ago, I realized we had tomatoes taking over our lives! Grandma taught me a little last year how to can them, but of course, when she offered to help again this year, I opened the door and welcomed her in! We even got Grandpa to strap on an apron and get to work! His sweet little memory needed some coaxing, but I was right there at the table to help everything along. The 3 of us made the perfect team, if I do say so myself! What a great day to share the kitchen with Grandma....actually, she moved right in like it was her's and I was just fine with that! She told us all what to do, and we did it! The tomatoes turned out beautifully - 9 quarts, 7 pints! With all the green ones still left out there, we will have triple that next week! Grandma promised she'd come then too, and I'm holding her to it! Have I ever mentioned how much I love these two? Well, I do!! So grateful they are with us....for more reasons than just their amazing skills!
(Grandma would not be happy with this pic.....but it's all I've got, so shhhhh!)
10 years ago
5 comments:
Now you can come and teach me all that you know, since I don't have a Grandma Davies in my life. Love your pictures.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of Julia and her great-grandpa. That is pricless! Great job canning! I am so glad you had some help! Now, if my tomatoes would ever get ripe. I want to try salsa this year. Are you game? :)
There is something about seeing all of those bottles filled that is beautiful. It was fun to see Grandma that day. Sarah you are such a good friend. Thank you for just laughing at Brianna and making her day with the robot. When you told me that you love her, it ment the world to me. The older she gets she is in the need of people to just love her for her. She loves you and Travis. So Thank you for taking her on that stressful day.
Heidi
What a special day to spend with your grandparents! I am horrible when it comes to canning. I think I will make it a new goal to learn how to do it. Thanks for the inspiration!!!!
Man, all I can say is beautiful beautiful beautiful. I love your family so much. I am so glad that I have had the opportunity to be a part of it.
Post a Comment