Friday, January 1, 2010

Out with the old - in with the New!

Burke's 2009 in Pictures -

Usually around New Year's I feel sad the year is coming to an end and feel somewhat nervous for what the new year will bring. This is the first year I can ever remember being thrilled to see it end and excited to start a new. I didn't love 2009. Was it absolutely horrible? No, of course not. But for several reasons, I wasn't sad to see it go. I am feeling great hope and anticipation in what 2010 will bring.... Praying it will be nice to us! We had several opportunities to learn and grow this year, for which I need to be grateful. Many around us have struggled....helping me to realize our trials and struggles actually haven't been so bad. Through it all, we made some wonderful memories.....this will definitely be a year we won't forget! With that said, Welcome 2010! May you bring with you much happiness and success! Happy New Year to you all!

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Happy New Year Sarah! I wish you and you darling family the absolute BEST for 2010!

Merinda said...

2009 was a fast year at my house. Like yours, it was filled with many joys and many sorrows. Through it all, I have to keep reminding myself that we can't feel the joy without the pain and that nothing seems to bring me closer to my savior than that said pain. So for that alone, I am so grateful. I am also grateful for great friends like yourself and a wonderful family we can share.

Heather said...

I am wishing for a better 2010 for you as well! Happy New Year!