Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Birthday "92"

10 years ago today, this little boy made us parents for the very first time. (I guess being the oldest, he holds the record and the rights for providing us with a lot of parental firsts, actually!) Garrett keeps our house lively, that's for sure! Girls have told me they are his girlfriend....one of which told me at school a while back, not to tell him though! He found out anyway and was secretly thrilled! At his class Christmas party last week, I overheard two boys talking that had just rotated into my group. One turned to me and asked, "Who's Mom are you?" I replied, "Garrett's Mom!" Then, a little boy sitting next to the one talking to me, leaned over to him and said, "Yeah, and she is as cool as Garrett is!" I beamed with pride when I heard that.....they love Garrett and because I was HIS mom, I was cool too! That is a title I will proudly hold! Happy Birthday little Bubba! We love you!

6 comments:

Megan said...

Cute boy you got there! I love picture of him in his uniform. What a heartbreaker! He waved at me the other day as I drove by and he was walking down the street with a buddy and I felt cool! Garrett waved at me in front of his friend. Hope you have fun celebrating! :)

Ronda said...

Happy Birthday Garrett! We love you bub!

Franklin Times said...

Happy Birthday Garrett! Hope you had a great day. And for the record... I think your mom is one of the coolest people I know.

Heather said...

I love all the pics of you Garrett! Happy Birthday! I can't believe you are 10!

Merinda said...

Well, now that you are the cool mom, what wonderful things you can do with that. Use it as best you can.

Mom said...

I remember so well, Heather and I so anxious to return from, I think, Bear Lake and come up to the hospital and meet your little Garrett! Crazy, I can't believe it has been 10 years! That is amazing! I guess that explains why I have so much gray hair and why my bones ache some mornings!
What a blessing he is to your family! I know he's taught you guys a lot! :) A great post! Lavonne