Last year my Uber-talented Sis.-in-law got me all excited about taking pics of my kids in the blossoming orchards. As luck would have it, we never made it before they all vanished, and our conversation ended with, "maybe next year!" But then, my brother got his job with Nike and took her away from me! The blossoms came this year and I found myself without my Uber-talented Sis.-in-law to take the shots! So, I went for the next best thing......ME!! (Ok, I don't even come close to touching Ally, but she taught me some tricks....so I tried my hand at it! Now, I just need her to come and fix them up!!) I was really only in search of updating the pic above my piano, and I think I just may have succeeded. Aunt Ally bribes them with skittles.....I didn't get off that easy! I had to provide Iceberg shakes!
None-the-less, they cooperated!

As for the Blessings? Our amazing friends, the Lindsey's hooked us up with a great get-away to St. George. Their brother owns a condo and it was available last weekend, so they invited us to tag along with them. We had an incredible time. We played games, tennis, went swimming, ate yummy food and just relaxed. They took us to another condo his brother owns in the Entrada Resort. Our kids were blown away when we walked in to the pool area, to find that we were in the exact location where High School Musical 2 was filmed! I tried to get Trav to walk through the gate like Troy, but he wouldn't have anything to do with it! When we walked up to the lounge chairs, Julia wanted to know where Sharpay was.
We went bowling one night and it was like stepping back into the 60's! The place was exactly the same as the day it opened it's doors, I'm sure. It was awesome.....til one of us stepped too far into the lane where it becomes like ice and gracefully fell - landing across the gutters of both lanes! (Names are being withheld to save a little dignity!)
We treated ourselves to some shakes after wards.
On our way out the last morning, they took us to a place that Tracy calls "The Crack!" It was crazy! We had never been there before! It is a spot between two small mountains that you turn sideways and hike up. There were parts where it was so tight we thought we might not make it! When we arrived at the top, Tracy and I felt pretty good about the fact that we were still small enough to fit through!
Thank you Lindsey's for a Wonderful Weekend! We love you guys!
Lastly - I started a new blog. Yes, I feel silly admitting that. Yes it just might be craziness from all the new emotions! But, I wanted a place, separate from our family blog, to keep a record of this new journey we are on. I wanted a place to vent, share and update. I wanted to find something online like this when I first started getting tested, but could only find medical info....no real-life stories. So, at the risk of looking silly.....here is the link to the new blog:
Me, Myself, and MS
We actually saw the new Neurologist Monday. It was an awesome visit! He is exactly what we have been looking for. He gave us a lot of hope, and some new insight. I will post on there tomorrow the update from that visit. I would do it today, but am feeling too guilty about the dishes in the sink, the crayons on the floor, and the pile of laundry upstairs!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
(Trav has a really lame joke to go along with that.....
but it would almost make us look sillier than me starting another blog!! So, we'll keep it to ourselves!)
None-the-less, they cooperated!
As for the Blessings? Our amazing friends, the Lindsey's hooked us up with a great get-away to St. George. Their brother owns a condo and it was available last weekend, so they invited us to tag along with them. We had an incredible time. We played games, tennis, went swimming, ate yummy food and just relaxed. They took us to another condo his brother owns in the Entrada Resort. Our kids were blown away when we walked in to the pool area, to find that we were in the exact location where High School Musical 2 was filmed! I tried to get Trav to walk through the gate like Troy, but he wouldn't have anything to do with it! When we walked up to the lounge chairs, Julia wanted to know where Sharpay was. We treated ourselves to some shakes after wards.
On our way out the last morning, they took us to a place that Tracy calls "The Crack!" It was crazy! We had never been there before! It is a spot between two small mountains that you turn sideways and hike up. There were parts where it was so tight we thought we might not make it! When we arrived at the top, Tracy and I felt pretty good about the fact that we were still small enough to fit through!
Thank you Lindsey's for a Wonderful Weekend! We love you guys!Lastly - I started a new blog. Yes, I feel silly admitting that. Yes it just might be craziness from all the new emotions! But, I wanted a place, separate from our family blog, to keep a record of this new journey we are on. I wanted a place to vent, share and update. I wanted to find something online like this when I first started getting tested, but could only find medical info....no real-life stories. So, at the risk of looking silly.....here is the link to the new blog:
Me, Myself, and MS
We actually saw the new Neurologist Monday. It was an awesome visit! He is exactly what we have been looking for. He gave us a lot of hope, and some new insight. I will post on there tomorrow the update from that visit. I would do it today, but am feeling too guilty about the dishes in the sink, the crayons on the floor, and the pile of laundry upstairs!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
(Trav has a really lame joke to go along with that.....
but it would almost make us look sillier than me starting another blog!! So, we'll keep it to ourselves!)
9 comments:
I LOOOOOVE the pics you took!!! You do a great job Sarah! Could I borrow that buggy for one of my sittings this weekend?? :)
Great idea to start the MS blog. I'm positive people will find some blessing from it. You always write so beautifully.
You are amazing Sarah! I love the pics and I love you! Funny how reconnecting with people reminds you of how much you loved them...I missed you the last 15 or so years! Can't wait to read the new blog too...
That looks like a cool hike. Where is it located?
Much better blossoms than last week! Way to go! Look forward to reading your new blog.
Can I hire you to take some pictures of my kids???? Seriously! I love the ones you took of your kids! Precious! So glad you had a fun trip! We haven't talked about it yet....we are always talking about YW stuff, huh!? Love ya! :) p.s. I want to hear the joke!!!
OK Sarah!!! That picture is absolutely beautiful!!! The other ones are beautiful too! I think you have more talent than you are acknowledging!! ***It helps to have cute kids too! : ). They are adorable!
So glad you had a great weekend, you deserve it! Oh my......Julia is a mini-Sarah.....so blasted cute! Took me back to first grade again when I saw her in those pics. Can I come pull on her curls and make them "boing" too? Love you!
I love the pics, and I'm glad you had a fun vacation. You definitely deserve it! I'm anxious to hear more about the visit with the new doctor. I feel bad I haven't been able to be more supportive the past few weeks, but you're continually in my thoughts and prayers.
Wow! You did a beautiful job with those pictures of the children! What a precious family! Talent just comes out of you constantly!
It was fun to read about your family all having such a great time together!
Thanks for sharing!
Our prayers are always with you!
Love, Lavonne
Post a Comment