Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Big Day for a Little Sister

We have talked about this day for months. When she first asked when she would finally be able to go to school, I told her as soon as the pumpkins started getting big, then it would be time. Well, that kept her questioning at bay for a while......til our pumpkin plant died! She has been looking forward to going to school with a back pack for a long time now. We sure had fun getting ready to go. First stop was to the Ear Nose and Throat Specialist. One tube of her second set, had fallen out a while ago. The other one however, tried to, but got stuck in her ear canal. So, we went to see Dr. B. He solved that in about 2 seconds. Next was to Profiles Salon to get our hair trimmed. She thought that was pretty big time! Julia wanted to finish the salon with a meal at Olive Garden, but due to time, we made a quick stop at her next best choice! You guessed it. McDONALDS!! Why do they have to love that place? Finally, the day arrived. We got up, got dressed and headed off to Preschool. Before the boys Football games, they talk about listening to certain songs to get "pumped up!" Well, as we were driving to school, Julia said, "Mom, turn on Video Killed the Radio Star, so I can get pumped up!" After having a good laugh, I turned it on full blast and we both gave it our all the rest of the way there! When we arrived, she told me her belly hurt, but after meeting Miss Kim and seeing lots of new friends, it all went away and before we knew it, she was building blocks with the other kids.
As Trav and I walked out, I realized I was a lone woman for 2 1/2 hours twice a week now, since she is doing Preschool and Ballet. You guessed it again......the tears started to flow! Sometimes growing up is hard on the grown ups too! Happy First Day of Preschool, Baby-Big Girl!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Hooray Julia! Preschool is AWESOME! Hope you have a great year!

Franklin Times said...

I just love that little Julia! What a doll. I think I need a song to pump me up! Look out world, here she comes.

Megan said...

She looks adorable and looks like lots of fun to be had....

Hillary said...

I hope you both had a great day!

Grandma's Corner said...

Tell Julia that when her daddy started school he made me walk him down to the corner to catch the school bus. Well, when the third day came, he would only let me walk so far because,he had made friends and wanted to look grown-up. However, he walked backwards most of the way to make sure I was still there. I loved it!!

Ally said...

oh Julia- you are a beauty. I LOVE your hair, and your outfit, and it looks like you are SET! I hope you love school and your new teacher.
xoxo