Sunday, Sept. 12 -





Monday, Sept. 13th -
We had to go in to Stanley Idaho to get our fishing license, so we decided we'd save some time and eat breakfast there that morning. Driving through that town was like driving through an old western movie set. We quickly found that everything was closed or "Shut!" on Mondays! The only place open to eat was a place called the Bakery. They were cleaning house too! If we were smart, we'd open a restaurant in Stanley and only open on Mondays! Such a funny town!

After Breakfast, we loaded our boat onto the lake and headed to the back end. It was so beautiful! There were little docks around the edges where you could dock and play on a little beach and eat at the table. The kids had a blast skipping rocks and fishing from the shore.

The water was freezing. I mean, really, really cold. Something inside of me dared Garrett to get down to his boxers and jump in.....all for 2 packs of Basketball cards. After a lot of thought....and a lot of coaxing he did it! HE JUMPED IN!! It was so awesomely funny! We were all dying. He got out of the water in his underwear, just in time for a tour boat to drive by! He was pretty proud of himself! Still can't believe he did it, and made it out alive without his heart stopping! (And yes.....he collected on my promise yesterday before practice!)



Garrett fed a chipmunk through the planks of the front porch. Eventually, the little guy would just reach up and eat right from his hands!
Later that afternoon, we rented paddle boats. We made it on those for 30 minutes before the paddlers gave up and took us back to shore!

Tuesday, Sept. 14 -
We woke up that morning, cooked a yummy breakfast and drove off into the mountains on the four wheelers. If I remember right, we rode for 30-something miles. That was so much fun!

We were so dirty by the time we got back!
We hurried and made dinner, got cleaned up and headed to the Lodge for
some hot chocolate.
We went on a little walk to see the rest of the cabins, and then went back to ours.
We took turns telling what our favorite part of the trip was and then we watched the video of it all on the wall with our projector.
What a memorable trip! Wish the whole family could have been there with us.
Redfish Lake, you're definitely a new favorite!
I think you'll be seeing us again!

We had to go in to Stanley Idaho to get our fishing license, so we decided we'd save some time and eat breakfast there that morning. Driving through that town was like driving through an old western movie set. We quickly found that everything was closed or "Shut!" on Mondays! The only place open to eat was a place called the Bakery. They were cleaning house too! If we were smart, we'd open a restaurant in Stanley and only open on Mondays! Such a funny town!
We woke up that morning, cooked a yummy breakfast and drove off into the mountains on the four wheelers. If I remember right, we rode for 30-something miles. That was so much fun!

We hurried and made dinner, got cleaned up and headed to the Lodge for
some hot chocolate.
We took turns telling what our favorite part of the trip was and then we watched the video of it all on the wall with our projector.
Redfish Lake, you're definitely a new favorite!
I think you'll be seeing us again!
6 comments:
I love the "SHUT" sign!
AHHHH! Looks absolutely great!
So JEALOUS!!! I love that place too. Brynn, Bailey, and Josh all have the same sweatshirt as Garrett! The one with the orange hood and sleeves.......geez........you must do all of your shopping at Target......like me!!!! Glad you had a blast!
I haven't been there for years, but I remember that it was beautiful. I love the pics of your dad with your little girl. So sweet!
Yep, it looks like heaven on earth! What fun! I am so glad you got away! Great pictures! :)
What a fun place. Idaho has some of the best places. I loved the SHUT sign too. It sounds a little more final.
Glad you were able to have some fun on the kids break!
Post a Comment