Garrett is our tough X-Man!! He is one of the tallest and biggest on his team. I experienced one of my proudest moments with him a couple of weeks ago. He wouldn't be comfortable with me sharing all of the details on here about what happened. So, to paraphrase, there was a point in one of the practices that the coach got frustrated with things that were going on in practice and in the games. It got to the point where a couple of the kids walked off the practice field crying and giving up. Garrett stood there, took the heat, and worked as hard as he has ever worked. I was so proud of him for sticking with it and working hard to prove everyone wrong. He didn't cry and he didn't walk off that field, and he has done everything he can to keep improving and doing his best since that night. On Saturday's game against Smithfield, Garrett had an awesome block, that turned into a strip and a fumble recovery on his part. (Those are Trav's words. For those of you like me......he blocked, got through their offensive line, knocked the ball out of the running player's hands, causing a fumble. He rolled over and jumped on the ball, which gave the ball back to us!) He talked about that play the whole way to Ty's game. It really was as awesome as he felt about it!
(The video still has recording time on it,
so I can't post it til it's finalized. Here it is in still shots! He's #60)
so I can't post it til it's finalized. Here it is in still shots! He's #60)
Ty has played 2 games so far and has made a touch down in each. He was pretty frustrated when his first touch down of the season, 50 yrds long, was called back due to holding on our side. He made up for it this last Saturday when he made another touch down playing against No. Ogden on the same field his Dad made his first touch down as a kid. That was pretty huge for Ty, he was so excited when he learned that!(Ty is #51, in the middle in the back)
Good Job Syracuse Storm! Here's to Football 2010 Season!
3 comments:
Look at 'em go! So fun. Too bad our kids are 10 years apart, we could do some sweet matchmaking!
Sometimes there is nothing better than, fall, football, and family!
How neat about the same field, first touch down moment! That is a priceless! Go Syracuse Storm
Way to go Garrett and Ty! Brynn and Bailey LOVE football players.......especially football players with slicked hair doing shadow boxing moves!!!! So excited for my boys to be at the age to play football! So is Jared, to say the least. Red Fish Lake? I'm so JEALOUS! I LOVE that place. My dad took us there when I was about 12 or 13 and then we took our kids there 2 years ago (I think). It is beautiful! Wish we were going! You're gonna love it. I think about you often and hope you are doing okay. Love you!
Tyler and Garrett.. We can,t wait until Saturday to come to both of your games. I love you guys so much. You to Julia and mom and dad.
Post a Comment