Thursday, April 21, 2011

Flippin' Sweet....

One thing I love in this life is funny stories, funny situations, and laughing til it hurts. A few days ago, I got a phone call from Trav while he was driving home from work. He was laughing so hard, he could barely fill me in on whatever it was that had happened. When he laughs like that, it makes me laugh too, and then I realize I don't even know why I'm laughing yet! Trav got a new cell phone a couple of weeks ago. I can't remember what it's called, but it's like an iphone. He played around with a bunch of different apps one night and downloaded some things. So, the day he called me, he was up at Hill Air Force Base looking at some of their roads and parking lots. One of the guys at Hill got in his truck to drive around the base to talk about the streets and to look things over with Trav. While they were driving and talking, Trav was telling him all about the work they do and why it would be best to go with them, when all of the sudden, Napoleon Dynamite's voice rings through the truck saying, "I wish you'd just shut-up and get out of my life!" Both Trav and the guy sat in silence for a second and then both started to laugh. Trav set that as his alert for an incoming text, and when he sends one out, it says, "Lucky!" Nothing says, "I'm a professional, and you can trust me to do a good job on your project" to a client than Napoleon Dynamite asking you to shut-up and get out of his life! That was classic! We laughed and laughed over that one. Good thing the guy had a sense of humor! Guess we'll see if Trav ends up getting the job! Good luck on that one dear!

2 comments:

Megan said...

That is hilarious! I gotta tell Will so he can raz Trav about it!!Now I wanna go watch that show!

Angela said...

Haha...I totally had the Napoleon alerts on my droid for a while...so funny!