Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ironman Bubba

The day we have talked about in our home for what seems like every hour of every day for the last few months FINALLY arrived! After 3 trips to the bathroom, and a lot of thumb twittling.....Garrett sat in the Orthodontist chair and bit the bullet! He became the proud new owner of a mouth full of braces! He has been so excited! (But don't tell him I said that.) He acts pretty tough as though he doesn't want them, yet this day couldn't get here fast enough for him. When he found out the ward barbeque was on the same day, it was like an added bonus, so he could show everyone! (Again, don't tell him I said that!) Since we've been home from the Ortho, he has checked himself out in the mirror 6 times. (But......well, you know the drill!)(We drove straight from the appt. to his BFF's house to show Jake
and get a pic of the two together with their BYU colored bands!)

It is so weird for me to see Garrett growing up. I can't believe the difference in this year, even from the last. He has shot up - only 1/2 inch away from passing his Mom in height, his voice is getting deeper by the day, his clothes look like they were made for elves on him now, and his attitude is quickly becoming that of a teenager! We sure love you Bubba!

3 comments:

Megan said...

I ran into him at the party tonight and he proudly showed me his new smile. He has grown so much lately; he is such a handsome boy!!

Hillary said...

Hey Sarah, I was thinking about you today wondering how things were going. I had not checked your blog in a while, because silly me, I forgot you went private, so my blog roll dosen't tell me that you updated, and I just thought you hadn't. (Yes I am losing my mind a little.) I am happy to find that all is going well. (aside from the diaper bag problem.)

The braces look great!

I am glad to know there are BYU braces. The dentist told Joe that he will have to get braces in the next year of two, and he cried all the way home (he is 7) Maybe if he knows he can get BYU ones he will get excited.

Franklin Times said...

Brace face looks good on him! (but don't tell him I said that) Enjoy!