Wednesday, July 13, 2011

One for the books.....

My Dad is always getting after me for not writing down the funny things our kids say. I actually got a journal for each of them a few years ago, and have tried to remember to write things down, but somehow the carpooling, taxi-cabbing, sports supporting, dishes, laundry, house cleaning, care taking, and as of late.....napping, get in the way, and I admit - I forget to write them down.

But today.....for all you Mom's out there that know what I'm going through.....I thought this one was blog worthy!

I met Trav at the grocery store last night on his way home to get the groceries for our upcoming camp trip. We got to the check out to find that a little carton of buttermilk we had was leaking. The lady rang it up, and told me I could go get a new one. Because Trav was the one with the wallet to pay, I opted to make the trek to the back of the store to get a new one. Julia decided to come with. I tried to walk out through the checkout, and found that my belly was now too big to get past the people's carts and the counter. So, we went out the end and walked around. As we came to yet another place to cut through, I found the same situation to be true. We backed out of that spot and I quickly decided it was just better to take the long way and save a little face! After the second attempt at getting to the back of the store, my 4 year old daughter looked at me and said as loud as she possibly could, "Mom, it's weird. I can't remember what your body was like skinny. I remember EVERYTHING, but I can't remember that!" She laughed and laughed. I found myself laughing and realized, that made two of us! I can't remember either! I think that body took off a little more than 11 1/2 years ago! Just when I was trying to remember, a little kick and a push came from inside, and I didn't care that I wasn't skinny anymore! One day that old girl will find her way back......I hope!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Awesome! Love that Julia!! Three cheers for not being able to squeeze through small spaces anymore!! :)