Friday, October 14, 2011

The Art of Gift Giving - According to Garrett

 I love this kid.  And.....this kid will probably kill me when/if he ever reads this blog post.
But, I don't really care.  This is classic!

There is a girl at school that Garrett has had a little crush on for a while now.  We hear about her all the time.  Well, a couple of weeks ago, he came home from school and happened to mention to me that her Birthday was the next day.  That was all that was said.  We moved on.

The next night after football practice, I remembered it was her Birthday, so I asked Garrett if he saw her at school.  "Yeah, I saw her."
"Did you say Happy Birthday to her?" I asked.
"Oh, I did more than that Mom." He said.
"You did?  What?"
By this time Trav and I had both sat up and
were eagerly waiting to hear what more he could have done
than just wish this little girl a Happy Birthday.  

"I gave her a gift."
"What?  What gift?" I asked shocked, once again!
What came next.....no one would have guessed.
"I gave her money" was his reply.
"What? You gave her Money?  In a card, or what?" I asked.
"No, I just went up to her after lunch, handed her 5 bucks and said, "Here, get yourself something nice!"
What in the heck?  Trav and I just about lost it!! Classic.
We then had a quick talk about gift giving, his age, and girls. 

The even classic-er (and yes, Dad....I know that's not even a word or proper English!) ending to this story is......the next day Garrett came home and told us that the girl had admitted to him she has never, and could never like him because.....
(are you ready for this?).....
he was 3 months younger than her!!!!
Was I in the wrong when I told him to ask for his 5 bucks back? 

3 comments:

Ronda said...

I seriously cannot stop laughing! I LOVE the whole "Go buy yourself something nice!" Haha Thanks for sharing!!

Trent and Amber Whiting said...

That is hilarious!!! I had to read it out loud to the family! Tractor Tractor Tractor!!! I can't wait to see him to tease him about that one...

Cally said...

Sarah, so fun to read your posts- such a cute family! So glad everything turned out okay with the ER visit, I had no idea! By the way, it's not fair that you look sooo beautiful after giving birth, never my case!...your pictures and story make me even more excited for our big day...will it ever arrive?!