Monday, October 17, 2011

Like My Mother Did......

The other day Dad came over to help us install an external hard drive gaget he told us to buy to help back up all of our pictures and documents in case our computer dies, crashes etc.  
As he crawled under our desk to plug in the cord, 
he let out a little laugh, popped his head back up at us and said,
"Sarah is so much like her Mother.  
Everything looks really clean on the surface, and completely unorganized and chaotic on the inside!"

We all laughed and then I questioned just how unorganized my camera and card writing boxes could really be under there, but then I stopped because I realized......that was a compliment.
However I can be like her....I'll take it!

Dad is always pointing out little areas that I'm just like my mom -
Candy and treats at every event.....even the boys football games,
my love for the Christmas season along with
the fact that I buy gifts throughout the year, forget I have them and then buy more!
He has even said our sense of humor and personalities are a lot alike.
Nothing makes me happier than to have people relate me to Mom.

She would have been 55 years old today.

Oh how I wish Austin could share with me the things he knows of her - 
I'm sure their relationship is still very fresh in his little mind and heart.

My gift to her this year.......
to bring one extra treat to every ordeal, buy one extra gift I'll end up forgetting,
make one extra person laugh or smile,
and to stay as sparkling clean on the outside as I can - regardless of the chaos on the in - 
just in her honor!

Love you Mom.  Think of you and miss you every day of my life.
Happy, Happy Birthday.

5 comments:

Ronda said...

I look forward to meeting her. Happy Birthday to Grandma Randle.

Heather said...

awww that brought tears to my eyes & goose bumps all over!!!
thanks for sharing!
Congrats again on your adorable baby!!! he is beautiful just like you! :))

Anonymous said...

You amaze me time and time again...love you sweet girl!! Happy Birthday to your mom and congrats on your sweet new son

Mom said...

You're Mother is so proud of you Sarah! What a lovely tribute to her once again you made me cry!
Enjoyed so much the short time we had together and holding sweet little Austin!
Love you! Lavonne

Franklin Times said...

I know she is smiling and proud of how much you are like her! What a precious gift :) I loved reading this post, but then again I love reading all your posts!! Love you friend.