It almost seems silly to share my feelings towards Kuj. Those who have loved an animal, get it. Those who haven't, or are very indifferent about it, probably think I'm crazy! I've been wanting to blog something for the last few days, so that Kuj isn't the first thing I see when the internet loads up. My emotions come and go in waves. Tonight......I miss him. Sitting alone in a room is not something I've been used to the last 13 1/2 years. I've done that a lot lately. Dropping something on the floor and not having my little vacuum there to get it before I get a chance to pick it up is weird. That first night he was gone, I couldn't sleep. It was too quiet. Kuj wasn't there to the side of my bed snoring. We've all had experiences in the last week and a half where we've been somewhere in the house and could swear we heard Kuj bark. The other night I was behind Ty when we walked in the door from a B-ball game. He whistled - then immediately put his head down and said, "oh, oops." I started to cry when I realized he was whistling for Kuj to come. Our house had an eery quiet to it those first few days.....we all felt it. Living without him has been a huge adjustment that I wasn't expecting. But, as I've realized the last few days, life goes on. And, I think that's what hit hardest tonight. Life has gone on - almost too fast. Having a little down time tonight brought a wave of emotion back.
Love you Kuj.
It was fun to get away the other night and go to My Fair Lady with Julia. For my Gma's Birthday this year, I decided I didn't want to just get her another gift card somewhere, or something I just went to the store and bought. So, after thinking for a while, I came up with the idea to take her to a play somewhere with all the girls in the family. When I realized Hale Center Theater was playing My Fair Lady, I got it all arranged and bought tickets. It couldn't have been more fun! Because Julia turned 5 this month, she was actually old enough to go too! She was so excited! I took her to get her Christmas dress early so she could be dressed up! We found a pearl necklace, bracelet and a black dress coat to go with it. She looked beautiful! It was such a good play and Grandma really enjoyed getting out and being with the girls. After, Julia got her picture taken with "Eliza Doolittle," and as we walked out of the doors heading to the car she busted out singing "I Could Have Danced All Night!" That alone for me, was worth the whole trip down! I used to have little day dreams about times like this with my little girl, and now they are a reality!
Dates like that should happen more often.
I can't believe Thanksgiving has come and gone already. Christmas will be here before we know it. I have so much to be grateful for and recognize the Lord's hand in all of it. I'm a very lucky girl - with lots of random thoughts tonight. Apparently!
Off to bed.....early AAU tournament game for the boys in the morning.
Life definitely goes on.
1 comment:
Love having girls night out! Thanks for the info on uploading pics, I was shooting in large so it took forever to upload, but I changed it on my camera now! Your the best! Can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment