Monday, June 18, 2012

All At Once.....

Someone decided he'd crawl, pop another tooth and clap his hands!!
He turned 9 mos. on the 14th and decided that was also the day he'd start to move!
While that is super fun and exciting, it is also super sad as well as life changing.
Once they move.....so do all the decorations, remotes, and anything else at their level, right?!!
Julia set up her art shop on the floor today - crayons, colored pencils and coloring books.
Immediately, Austin began his journey in her direction.
I have never seen her move so fast.
The last crayon made its way into the box just as he reached her.
He sat back like he'd just wasted the whole trip!
Pretty darn funny!
With all the moving around, our little buddy moved out as well!
I found myself embarrassed to tell the Dr. he was still in our room at his 6 mos. check up!
We moved Garrett into Ty's room a few months ago,
in hopes we'd finish the basement soon.
We were doing really good at that, until the weather became nice, ......
 haven't been down there since!

No one was sleeping with him still with us!
Waking up one day, finding myself hanging over the edge of the bed for dear life,
I decided things needed to change!
I moved the toys out to the garage that we had just moved into Garrett's old room,
moved Garrett and Ty back into that room,
filled all the nail holes in the walls in Ty's old room and got to work.
Poor Trav, my vision for Austin's new room involved him too!
I dreamed it up....showed him all the pics and put him to work
Have I mentioned how much I love this man
and the talent that surges through his body?!
Well, I do.....and this is why - 

The room went from this:
 
 
 To this:
 
Trav got this all up in one day, I filled the nail holes, caulked, painted the walls
and updated the dresser with new handles and paint.
Then, we borrowed Dad's sprayer and painted the white walls, shelves and crib!
It was so much fun watching this room come together.
My sweet hero doctor, Dr. Michael Healy passed away unexpectedly in February.
After each delivery of our kids, he gave us a bear dressed in Dr. Healy Scrubs with
 the kids delivery info stamped on it's back.
 Austy's bear now has a special place on the shelf.
Above his bed is a picture my Mom bought that hung
in my little brothers room for years.
I had it hanging in Garrett's room, until he out grew it.
Now, it's got it's special place on the shelf too!
Some of the books on the shelves and by the window
 are my Mom's from when she was little.
A few of Trav's trophies sit on the other wall.
And, the giraffe walker on the floor was mine and my brothers growing up.
I love this room.
It turned out super cozy and I must say.....
as much as I loved snuggling with Austy in my bed....
we are all getting a better nights rest, plus some better afternoon naps
 now that he has his own little space.
Garrett and Ty are scrunched and have some occasional night time arguments,
but, I think if the truth were known, they have enjoyed being together.
Maybe the basement will never get finished!

Speaking of moving......this guy ran Ragnar this weekend.....
 and we couldn't be more proud of him!
  
Happy Father's Day dear.
Thank you for taking all of my visions, and making them a reality.
Especially the 4 cutest ones!
We love you and count ourselves lucky to be yours.

p.s. Someone actually just reached the crayons!
Oh boy!

4 comments:

Megan said...

LOVE the room! You would die if you saw where Noah sleeps.....anyways, it looks beautiful!

Kristi said...

OH MY GOSH ... I can't handle you & your talents! You have SUCH A great vision for decorating. Amazing. I LOVE his room! Please come do my house now, ok? :)

Franklin Times said...

Turned out great! Love it :)
And congrats Ragnar runner, way to go.

Anna said...

Beautiful room! Very nice work.