Monday, June 25, 2012

A Titch of the Tilts....

This little guy is the newest patient at Primary Children's Physical Therapy. 
Apparently he has a mild case of Toritcollis.
I had never even heard of that.....until I googled.
When we returned home from Reno, his head was tilting to the left.
We had noticed this a few times over the last few months,
but within a few days of noticing,
 he was ok and his head was back towards the middle.
After Reno, it didn't really correct itself.
I got worried, Googled infant head tilt,
and found all kinds of things to make a Mom stress.
So, I called the Dr.'s office and asked if I could come in 2 wks early for his 9 mos. appt.
They agreed he should be checked.
An Xray was done to make sure there wasn't anything super serious,
and confirmed my google diagnosis......Torticollis.
Basically, the neck muscle on Austy's left side is a little short, 
making his head tilt to that side.
We were referred to Primary's for Physical Therapy.
Our first appt. was last week.
He is a mild case, but none-the-less, he does need therapy to correct it.
I don't love it.
I have to do it, 3 times a day 3 times each session.
I have to pull the top of his head to the right while holding down his left shoulder.
Yeah right.
He just barely picked me as his favorite too - Doesn't really want anyone else.
Well, that's not going to last long!!!

They are hoping within 4-5 appts. we will have him corrected with no long lasting affects.
As long as we stretch that left muscle, and strengthen the right - we are good!

Man, I love this little boy.
We all hang on his every move.
He gets a ton of face time.....because one of us is always in his!!
Little Austy.....you sure make Torticollis look good!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Look at his cute little face!! How many teeth does he have??? Noah is cutting like 5 right now and we are ALL miserable! LOL!! Hope your therapy sessions go well and that you remain his #1 friend! ;)

Franklin Times said...

He is so adorable! I think he is just using the "smolder" approach to get all he can wrapped around our hearts and fingers!
My niece had that and that was the exact therapy and it worked like a charm, and 9 yrs later, she is still a mammas girl and doesn't remember it one bit.

tana.hale said...

I can't wait to hold him in my arms and tell him how much I love him! I have heard of Torticollis before and the treatment really works. So glad that you are observant about things pertaining to your children, and you and Trav. I appreciate you so much!!

BLESSINGS come in many ways and the nicest come as family.. Love you ALL!