Friday, July 20, 2012

Come Back!!

You know the part in Titanic where Rose is yelling, "Come Back! Come Back?!!!"
That's me this morning.
Only, I'm not yelling to life boats
I'm yelling to these two - 
 They are at Scout camp, and completely out of service.
It's been 5 days since I've seen or talked to Bubba, and 2 since I've seen or talked to Trav.
Isn't it funny how as a Mom, sometimes we look forward to
 getting a little break here and there - 
and then as soon as we do, we worry, think about constantly, 
and miss these little beings?
Garrett is a total teenager, just without the actual "Teen" in his age number yet.
A real Highly self-centered, know-it-all, party planner, attituder, wants to be with his friends all the time, Teenager!!
So, when Scout camp rolled around I have to admit.....
I was kindof excited.
Then the morning came for him to leave.
He came to my room and hugged me - one of those "I'm never letting go hugs!"
It melted my heart. I found myself not wanting to let go either.
Then he was gone.
Tyler won't admit it, but he's wandering around like a puppy who's lost his tail, 
the house is pretty quiet, 
1 gallon of milk has lasted the ENTIRE week, and so has the box of cereal!!
I miss him.  Alot.

Trav and I had a huge sit down talk a few months ago.
Our life is kids, sports and church.
That's not bad, but after a while, I threw a fit like a baby and we talked!
I felt like we weren't making time for each other, or really,
 truly making time for all the things that really matter.
So, we cut down on some sports leagues and other things in order to do so.
For Father's Day, when I asked Trav what he wanted his reply was,
"Time with you!"
So.....I called my sweet Mother-in-Law and asked for her help with my gift.
I got online and purchased a gift certificate to stay at a cute place in Logan,
and we set the date!
This last Wed. night, we dropped Ty, Julia and Austin off at her home.
We ordered Olive Garden Take-out and headed to our place to stay.
Like two old people.....we sat on the bed, eating our Chicken Alfredo and Mixed grill
while watching "Horse Whisperer!"
I've mentioned before that Austy has recently picked me as his absolute
 "No one else can put me to bed but Mom" favorite - right?
Well, come 10:45 p.m. we get a call from Grandma.
"I'm so sorry to bother you.....but he's cried for 1 1/2 hrs!!"
OH MY WORD AUSTY!!!
We got up immediately, put our shoes on and ran to rescue Grandma and Ty.
When we got there, with tears sitting on the tops of his cheeks, Austin looked up at us and smiled!
Poor Ty and Grandma.....they looked worn out!
He was not about to be nice to them at all!
We brought him back with us, layed him in the middle and continued our show!
I laughed, looked at Trav and said, "Happy Father's Day!" as our baby lay sound asleep between us!
That was not a place that would allow infants....
but we snuck him in like thieves in the night....no problem!
Funny thing is.....we loved having him with us - 
especially come morning when he pulled himself up on the bed and smiled a gigantic
smile at both of us, like that was the most fun night he'd had in a long time.
Hilarious.
(Huge thank you to Gma and Bob! HUGE! Ty and Julia had a blast.
And, were spoiled rotten!
So grateful for their help!!!  Love them!)

The next day, I picked up the kids and Trav headed to Scout Camp.
Gosh....I wish we could afford to do that more often time-wise!
I can honestly say Trav is my Best Friend.
There isn't another soul I would rather be with than him.
He gets me, as I do him.
He finishes my sentences, and washes my dishes!
Who wouldn't love that?
I don't think we've ever gone 2 days without talking like this.
He's always been in service.
Infact, he might be in just a little bit of trouble for not leaving the camp
 to get service at least once!
(hmmmm, maybe he was looking forward to a break from his "honey-do's!") ha ha.

I love my family and feel extremely blessed to have them.
Now.....
"Come Back!!  Come Back!!" already!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Such a great post! Will and I have been going to late movies cause we need more time together, so I totally get ya! Will and I have talked daily for the past 13 years, so to NOT be able to would be super weird.... I can't wait to hear about their Scout Camp adventure!

Franklin Times said...

I hear ya! It was super hard to be out of touch with Shayla this year while she went to girls camp without me! I think it is those little reminders we sometimes need to enjoy all the moments we do get.
Your little get away sounds perfect! Life does get so crazy busy sometimes, that I think we do need to do just that..schedule some time to slow down and enjoy each other! You are the best :)