Trav traveled to Montana a couple of times this summer for work.
In August when he left, he asked if I wanted to travel with him.
Part of his trip consisted of driving through Glacier National Park to get to Whitefish Montana.
I wanted to go so bad, but the boys were already into football, which meant practice every night
and they couldn't miss to leave.
One phone call to Grandma Davies and she was on her way up to watch them.
Trav had already left and was in Idaho when I called and told him I'd found a sitter for the boys,
and asked if I still had time to drive up to Idaho and meet him with Austy and Sis.
It all worked out perfectly and we left as soon as we could and met him in Idaho Falls.
We traveled all over Montana.
I had never been there.
I now know why it is referred to as "Big Sky Country!
Montana is Beautiful.
There wasn't one part we drove through that I didn't love.
Mountains, Pines and Rivers.
Rolling hills, fields and Barns.
Lakes, old town shopping centers and quaint little towns.
Amazing.
Julia and Austy were such good travelers for us too.
We stopped and measured several church parking lots along our drive.
Hours between buildings.
I only wish the pictures did it justice.
Then there is Glacier National Park.
Wow.
I don't know how you can drive through the Park and not believe in our Heavenly Father.
Definitely one of the most beautiful places I have been at this point.
Julia was just as much in love with it as we were!
I loved everything about this trip!
For FHE earlier in July, we had talked about some of our family history.
We learned about a man from Grandma Hale's side named
William Seely Lish.
He traveled the plains with Brigham Young.
Brigham Young gave William 5$ to buy a new pair of shoes.
The kids loved that whole story.
We learned that William Lish was buried in the Norton Cemetery,
and that would be on our way home to the cabin in Bear Lake.
Julia begged us to stop there so we could find his grave.
We found the cemetery and after about a 1/2 hour, we found William's grave.
It was such a cool thing to watch Julia's excitement as well as our own.
Each of us wanted to be the one to find it.
It was a beautiful little cemetery with lots of Trav's ancestors buried there.
That was a wonderful experience to teach the kids, and then to seek it out.
Such a fun week being together!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment