I will just rummage through my Cell phone pics and call it a catch up!
In February, Trav and I went to a Company Retreat at the Zermott in Heber City
for a couple of days.
for a couple of days.
It's always nice to have time away just the two of us....
it was beautiful there and makes you wish you were truly stepping out in to the Alps!
One of our friends and co-workers is relatives with the guy who started the "Ice Castles!"
They were closed due to the warmer weather, but they happened to call him and he
was nice enough to come let us in for free and see what all the fuss was about.
They were everything they were hyped up to be.
We went to the Cabin with the Lloyd's......and had a blast!
The boys were hilarious together! Completely boys!
(Notice Landon trying to copy Garrett......
just a little minor mishap on the placement of his hands!)
just a little minor mishap on the placement of his hands!)
Austy was lulled to sleep on that ride!
I helped with Reality Town for the 8th Grade.....and ran a very lucrative Pet Shop,
if I do say so myself!
Just a few days later.....that sweet 8th grader of mine told me he didn't need my
help with shaving and needed to learn for his mission anyway....
While he was right, he was also very, very wrong!
Within 2 seconds I heard from the bathroom....."Mom!! I think I just messed up my eyebrow!"
Oh Bubba. Thanks for the good laugh.
(P.S. You DO need your Mom afterall!)
Nothing a little eyeliner can't fix! Ha ha! He wasn't amused!
Our little entrepreneur set up shop in 40 degree temps
and sold the coldest drinks she could find!
And sell she did! She made close to 7$ in the hour she could stand to be outside.
It started to hail just shortly after these pics were taken......but she stuck it out!
We spent our last few bucks on a discount at Nike.....
As thrilled as we are that Uncle Nate accepted a job with Vivint here in Utah,
and the fam is moving home....
we were heartbroken over the loss of our 30%!
We may or may not have had to fight the urge to hoard during our last shopping trip!
Those are always fun.....its always a great time traveling with our teams!
Unfortunately.....I didn't get any B-Ball pics!
I was too busy chasing a 2 year old, cheering for the boys and yelling at the refs!
We got Ty all registered for Jr. High.
How weird is that?
While we were in getting his vaccinations taken care of, the Dr. noticed Ty
had a peanut allergy and referred me to an Allergist in Layton
who was helping kids overcome that!
I couldn't resist the urge to go see what they could do for Ty....
next thing I knew, Ty and I were both in getting tested for our allergies.
The most incredible news and blessing came after they ran Ty's skin test.....
NO ALLERGIC REACTION TO PEANUTS!!!
What?
Ty is one of the lucky ones to have out grown his peanut allergy.
They ran blood work just to back up the findings and sure enough.....nothing showed up there either.
Grandma Davies tells Ty it is because he never whined and cried about not having peanuts.
It's true, he has been so patient and just dealt with missing out for 11 years.
The Dr. had us come in for a 4 hour oral test where they
started slowly introducing Ty to Peanuts and peas.
He passed with flying colors, I cried..... and we left......Peanut Allergy free!
He's tried everything in the book and his favorites by far are Snickers and Peanut M&M's!
Kid after his Mom's heart!
(Except for the fact he shuddered and gagged at his first taste of snap peas!)
Garrett and Ty both ran for office.
Garrett for SBO and Ty for 7th grade.
I'm sad to report neither made it this round......and I think it was harder on Mom than them!
I am so proud of them for putting themselves out there and going for it.
That is not easy, and many kids don't dare try.
Austy and Mom have been LoViNg the weather!
We've gone on walks and bike rides to the park to feed "Our Gucks!"
Austy manages to get the entire pond to come swimming as fast as they can.
We have had a few great family home evenings around the fire so far as well.
Nothing better than roasting marshmallows and spending time together!
Last but not least.....
Sis and I were there the day they closed last fall......
and the whole fam was there they day they opened 2 weeks ago for the 2014 season!
We love Lagoon!
(Proof Garrett and Ty were there.....
they like to go off by themselves while we ride the kid rides!)
they like to go off by themselves while we ride the kid rides!)
Austy begs all the time to "Go Goon Ride Boat! Daddy's Truck!"
Life is good. Life is busy.....
and we couldn't feel more blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment