A year ago, an awesome neighbor of ours approached me and asked
me what my plans were for Julia regarding piano.
I was just at the point of searching out piano teachers and
looking in to getting her signed up for lessons that coming fall.
This Sister is very musically talented and had been a school teacher before having her family,
and had just certified to be a "Let's Play Music" teacher.
I had never heard of this program before, but after hearing her tell me about it,
I had Julia signed up for her classes before I knew it.
This program teaches little kids music notes and theory without them really even knowing that's what they're learning, because they're having so much fun while doing it.
It is a 3 year program and when they are finished they will be at a further piano level,
than had they taken piano for 3 years.
So.....Julia just finished her 2nd year of the program and will complete it next year,
at that point we will be looking for a piano teacher.
The one thing I love about this program, is I go with her every other week and am able to
see what she is learning to help her at home, and it gives the two of us time together.
We sing, we dance, we play.
Julia loves it and has done really well and grasping the concepts and playing the piano.
Her recital was held at the Clearfield Library - she did such a great job.
So proud of her!
Afterward, Julia chose Applebees for her dinner.....
Austy loved their chocolate milk!
Sis, we are so proud of you and the sweet girl you are becoming.
Cannot wait to lay on the couch and let you play and sing your heart out to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment